Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain and Ireland....April 6, 2012...

6 Mar 2012 Missy asked

Missy

Hi, Just wondering if anyone else is booked on this tour??? :)

• 9 Mar 2012 kadymonster said

kadymonster

Sure am :) First time overseas… so nervous !!!

• 20 Mar 2012 ZoeLaing87 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! I am also booked in for this trip. Will be getting into London on April 2nd. travelling solo for 8-9 months! Can’t wait!

• 20 Mar 2012 Missy said

Missy

Hi Zoe,
    I will be arriving on the 2nd too….Wow you will have a ball for 8 -9 months :)))….

• 20 Mar 2012 kadymonster said

kadymonster

Lol I’m not getting there til the 4th !!! OMG it’s getting so close, excitinngggg :)

• 20 Mar 2012 Missy said

Missy

Hey Kady….I have not started packing yet !!!! but getting super excited :)

kadymonster

Lol…. I have my bag open and clothes sprawled around my room but its so overwhelming hahaha i just know i will forget something important !

• 20 Mar 2012 Missy said

Missy

It sure is and I have so many things I wanna take and not enough room…lol..I will forget something too…

Default_avatar

Just as long as you guys have some form of money and a valid passport- you’ll be sweet! :) where are you guys flying in from?

• 20 Mar 2012 Missy said

Missy

Yes thats true! Im flying from Sydney…How about you?

kadymonster

Melbourne !

Default_avatar

Auckland :) breaking up the long flight by spending 3 days in Singapore!

kadymonster

smart !!! Lol i think i will struggle with the flight?my longest plane flight was 4 hours to perth and it was horrible lol i hope international flights are a bit different.

• 20 Mar 2012 Missy said

Missy

Great idea having a stop over! I hope to sleep during flight but sometimes it doesnt happen…

Default_avatar

I’m pretty sure most people struggle with long flights. I just had a horrible flight flying home from Adelaide yesterday- but I don’t think we should be sharing horror stories. I would recommend dressing warm- it gets super cold on flights, request an isle seat- makes its SOOO much easier to get up to go to the loo and to walk around. Make sure you do get up at times to walk around and stretch your legs. TRY and get some sleep on the plane- I’m terrible at that. I tried sleeping pills on a fllight home from France but I don’t think they agreed with me! Drink lots of water- don’t be tempted by the free alcohol :p

• 20 Mar 2012 Missy said

Missy

Glad you got home safe after ur flight yesterday….
    Thanks so much for your tips….great to have good advice before a daunting solo experience….

• 23 Mar 2012 Sabrina&Adam said

Sabrina&Adam

Woohoo well see you all on the 6th April for this tour, Adam and I ae also flying in on the 4th April 2012, we are doing 3 back to back contiki tours across 2 months and now getting super excited. were like you guys havent packed yet either still trying to get organised we have only just allocated our seats for the long haul to london from Brisbane. :D
    later laterz travelerz

• 24 Mar 2012 kadymonster said

kadymonster

Thanks for the tips zoe!! I will try and sleep the plane trip away hahahaha.
    I’ve started packing today!! WOO!
    So excited to meet everyone !!
    Sabrina & Adam WOW 3 contiki’s in two months you guys are gonna have an amazing time !!!
    i’d better get back to packing Lol :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion