Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie explorer september 2012 (Sydney start)

6 Mar 2012 Sarah1988 asked

Sarah1988

I decided to go on this tour. Has anyone else booked it or thinking of booking it?:)
I'll travelling solo that's why I'm a bit nervous. I'm looking forward to meet new people and enjoy the time in Australia. I would like to get in touch with people who do the same tour so feel free to write me :)

Sarah :)

• 27 May 2012 Louise said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah, Im doing the big walkabout tour in September starting Sydney, i think it’s the same tour as you are doing!! I am also flyng solo so would be nice to chat to someone doing the same trip xx

• 5 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

Hi guys, is this the trip with sailing (Aussie Explorer with Sailing) which starts on 2 Sept? If so, I’m in and also flying solo! Gem :)

• 6 Jul 2012 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Gem, I’m doing the Beaches and Reefs tour which starts with the Aussie Explorer on Sept 2 from Sydney. I’m also going solo, but its going to be my third contiki trip. When do you get into Sydney? I’m doing the Sydney Explorer before the start of the tour. Where are you from?
    Tara

• 9 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

Hello! I get into Sydney 30 August but I’m not doing the Explorer as I’ve made my own arrangements. I’m from Warwickshire in the UK. You? Gem

• 12 Jul 2012 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Gem, I’m from Montreal, Canada. I have quite a bit of family in the UK, mostly on the Isle of Wight and the surroundings of London. I get to Sydney the 30th, but am going to visit friends in Perth and Melbourne before the contiki part of my trip. What are you looking forward to doing most?
    Tara

• 14 Jul 2012 Sarah1988 said

Sarah1988

Hello everybody! :)
    Thx for your answers! I’m Sarah, 23 year’s old and from Germany :) It’ll be my first contiki trip and I’m really excited about it!!:)
    I get into Sydney 30 August, maybe we can meet up before the trip?:)

• 14 Jul 2012 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah, you’ll have an amazing time on contiki, as its my third contiki trip everyone is really cool and most people tend to go solo. I would love to meet up before the trip starts! I booked a tour of the Sydney Opera House for 5pm on the 30th but don’t have anything else planned so far! Will do the hop-on-hop off bus tour that comes with the Sydney Explorer too. How about you?
    Tara

• 15 Jul 2012 Sarah1988 said

Sarah1988

Hi Tara,
    Where have you already been with contiki? Have you ever been to Australia? I’ll arrive in the evening of the 30th august.I don’t have any planes so far for the time till the trip will start, but the hop-on-hop off bus tour sounds good! After the trip I’ll spend 5 days in Sydney, so I just wanted to relax the first day in sydney before the tour starts and just visit a few sights.

Sarah

• 16 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

Hi guys! Where are you staying in Sydney before the tour starts? I’m at the YHA by the harbour. I’ve got a tour to the Blue Mountains arranged on one day but free besides that so if you fancy meeting up let me know (direct message me if you want to swap phone numbers).

Gem

• 16 Jul 2012 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Gem and Sarah,

the contiki site wasn’t letting respond all day up until now! I’m staying at the Holiday Inn Potts Point in Kings Cross due to the Sydney Explorer package with contiki. I’m also going to do the Blue Mountains tour on the 31st, planning an easy saturday of site-seeing with the hop-on-hop off bus, would love to meet up before, I don’t know if I’m bringing my cell with me or getting a pre-paid one from Oz. Will decide once I’ve talked to my cell phone company and then I’ll let you know!

Tara

• 16 Jul 2012 Tara said

Default_avatar

Have you guys received your contiki docs yet? They should be coming in soon with the list of hotels and activities, in much more detail than what is on the website. My travel agent will be getting them in about a week.

Tara

• 17 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

Hello!

I’m doing the Blue Mountain tour but not with Contiki. Be good to meet on the Saturday – keep us posted on the cell-situation!

No I haven’t got my docs yet – I think they’ll be emailed out in August. I’m heading to New Zealand on Sunday. Will message you my mobile number.

Gem

• 4 Aug 2012 Sarah1988 said

Sarah1988

Hello!:)
    I received my documents yesterday, but haden’t the time to check them yet :) I don’t know if I’m bringing my mobile with me or getting a new one, therefore I couldn’t give my number, but I’m sure we can get in contact anyway :)
    Have a great time in New Zealand, Gem!:)
    See you in Australia!:) I’m counting the days till the trip starts.. :)

• 12 Feb 2013 LizzieW92 said

LizzieW92

Hi everyone, I’m booked on to The Big walkabout with Sailing starting Sydney 29th September. Im flying solo so would be good to chat to people before we get there :) x

• 27 Apr 2013 Z said

Z

I’m flying solo also. Mine starts Sep1st/29th of Aug (depending on country booked from). 4th time I’m traveling with Contiki, should be a great time.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion