Community_discussions_small  

Question

Asian Adventure June 10th 2012

6 Mar 2012 michellelynn asked

michellelynn

Anyone else on this trip for June ??

• 7 Mar 2012 MaryMo said

MaryMo

I am doing the Big Indochina, which includes the Asian Adventure at the same time! I’m so excited- How bout you? My name is Mary, 23, from Colorado

• 7 Mar 2012 DA said

DA

Hey, I am also doing the Big Indochina tour! Just booked it last week, and starting the countdown. This will be my 4th contiki tour (will be doing the NZ Grand Explorer tour in April). My name is Dawn, 29, from Canada.

• 7 Mar 2012 MaryMo said

MaryMo

Are you doing a pre or post night in bangkok or hanoi?

• 7 Mar 2012 irvinxd said

Default_avatar

It was like an action adventure fighting game. Asian guy who was trying to get revenge I think.
    Lift Serum Pro

• 7 Mar 2012 michellelynn said

michellelynn

I’m just doing the asian adventure. I’ll be in aus and NZ before hand and yes I am getting into Bangkok a day early ! Are you the same ?? And Dawn me and my sister are doing the Grand Exlporer as well but were doing in May. You ll have to tell us how it is !

• 7 Mar 2012 MaryMo said

MaryMo

Fantastic! I’m going to Koh Phi Phi for some beach time beffore hand, but get into Bangkok around 5 at night on the 9th, for a pre night. We should definitily meet up for dinner/drinks/sightseeing that night if you are up for it!

• 7 Mar 2012 michellelynn said

michellelynn

Ya absolutely ! I think I get in on the 8th actually ill double check and let you know !

• 8 Mar 2012 DA said

DA

Michelle, I will definately keep you posted on how the Grand Explorer turns out! As for Bangkok, my flight lands at 6:30pm on the 9th and I am totally up to going out that night. Mary, unfortuantely though in Hanoi, my flight out is the night the tour ends, however, I have the day to tour around. Are you both staying at the contiki hotel on the 9th?

• 8 Mar 2012 MaryMo said

MaryMo

Yay! I’m staying at the contiki hotel the 9th, so we should meet there or at the airport or somethings. (obviously we can figure that out later) Both of you feel free to add me on Facebook-

facebook.com/mary.mullikin

• 8 Mar 2012 michellelynn said

michellelynn

Yup I’m at the contiki hotel for the 9th ! I am definitely so excited for this !

• 8 Mar 2012 Rhysb said

Rhysb

Hey I’m doing the asain adventure tour June 10th, arriving in Bangkok on the 7th and staying in the contiki tour the night before aswell. Is anyone spending anytime in Asia afterwards? I’m Rhys, I’m 21 from New Zealand, currently living in Queenstown.

• 8 Mar 2012 Rhysb said

Rhysb

Hey guys doing nz beforehand, are you going past Queenstown?

michellelynn

Im going to be in Queenstown around May 24th ! Whats the weather going to be like there ?

• 8 Mar 2012 Rhysb said

Rhysb

I can guarantee that it will be cold! Pack warm clothes for your whole nz trip. A bungy is sure to warm you up though!

michellelynn

okay thanks ! im from canada so I know all about the cold haha

• 12 Mar 2012 Meggles said

Meggles

What is the name of the Contiki hotel in Bangkok?? Going a bit later than you guys, but working out accommodation etc, and it makes sense to stay in the same hotel that we are in for the tour. Cheers

• 12 Mar 2012 Rhysb said

Rhysb

It’s called viengtai hotel. I googled it and it’s just off khao San road. If your going through a travel agent then they usually know them all.

• 17 Mar 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

I am thinking about doing the asian adventure but I haven’t picked a date yet. does anyone know if it gets really hot there then?

• 27 Mar 2012 lauren8786 said

lauren8786

hey everyone! my friend and i are both going on the june 10th indochina! we’re both 25 year old past contiki-ers. i’m from philly and she’s from toronto.

i’m planning on getting into bangkok the friday before the tour and she gets in the night before. we are both staying an extra night after in hanoi as well. can’t wait!!!!!!

http://facebook.com/l.amendolara

• 31 Mar 2012 Rhysb said

Rhysb

Nice! I’m getting to Bangkok late at night on the Thursday, (7th). Staying at a different hostel, then the contiki hotel the night before.

Feel free to add me on Facebook everyone: just do a search for “Rhys Barrington” I’m the only one on there.

Gonna be an awesome trip!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion