Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer- Start Auckland April 19, 2012

7 Mar 2012 DA asked

DA

Anyone heading on the Grand Explorer starting in Auckland on April 19, 2012 and ending in Christchurch on May 3, 2012?

Cheers
Dawn

• 10 Mar 2012 Nee said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I am going on the Grand Adventurer starting the 21st April from Auckland finishing in Christchurch on the 3rd May. It will be interesting to see if you will be on a separate bus from me, or if you will pick me up along the way. The only difference is the first two nights at the Bay of Islands for you. Otherwise we might be on separate buses but staying at the same places and following each other.

Not long now!
    Denee.

• 11 Mar 2012 Chanty said

Default_avatar

Hi, I will be in the same tour as you from the 19th April till the 03rd of May!
    Did you already book your accommodation in Auckland and in Christchurch?

I can’t wait to be there!
    Chanty

• 13 Mar 2012 Khub said

Khub

HEY!! im on the Grand Explorer auckland to christchurch April 19th!!!
    are you guys excited?? have you ever been to new zealand? where are you from?

• 13 Mar 2012 jsissons said

jsissons

hey, booking this thursday (i know i left it late…. hah) for Grand Explorer Auckland to Christchurch 19/04 – 03/05! pretty excited, first time to NZ and first contiki…….. still need to book accom in auckland and christchurch for before and after trip… have you booked somewhere to stay yet chanty?

• 13 Mar 2012 Chanty said

Default_avatar

Hi all! I am very excited too… It will be my first trip in NZ!! Few of my friends been there and they were very impressed. I booked the night of the 03rd of April in the Mercure Windore hotel, which is not the cheapest places, but it’s very close to the tour meeting point. Re-Christchurch I am still looking for the accommodation. Do you have any suggestion? By the way, I am Italian and I live in Ireland for the last couple of years. What about you guys? Talk soon…

• 14 Mar 2012 DA said

DA

Hey Everyone! I am so excited!!! I am from Canada, 29 years old and this will be my 3rd contiki. I have booked my Auckland accomodation, will be getting in on April 15th and staying at the hotel we are starting at. Let me know if you are heading up earlier , we should meet up before the tour starts! For Christchurch, I haven’t figured out my hotel yet, but I will be staying there for a week before I fly to Australia, so mostly likely it will be a hostel.

• 14 Mar 2012 Khub said

Khub

I’m from Canada 22 years old! My first time in new Zealand I haven’t been there before! And I haven’t booked a place in Auckland yet… I was just gunna wing it!! Are you guys backpacking???

• 14 Mar 2012 Chanty said

Default_avatar

Hi there, this is will be my first time with contiki too. I will arrive in Auckland on the 18th of April and not on the 3rd as I said in my previous message… if we can manage to meet up before the tour it will be great!
    Unfortunately, I am going only for less then 3 weeks…no backpacking for me ;(

• 2 Apr 2012 debalance said

debalance

Hey everyone,
    I’m on this trip, too. I’m a 23 years old german guy who after 11 months in Australia is going to NZ for 4 weeks before heading home.
    I am arriving on the 16th and staying at Nomads. Obviously I’m a backpacker. I don’t know yet what I will do after the contiki tour.

• 14 Apr 2012 Chanty said

Default_avatar

Hi all, see you in few days… :)

• 15 Apr 2012 Khub said

Khub

I’m heading to Auckland tomorrow if any of you guys are around and wanna meet up for a couple days!

• 15 Apr 2012 debalance said

debalance

Yeah definitely, I’m scheduled to land 3.30pm local time tomorrow!

• 15 Apr 2012 Chanty said

Default_avatar

it will be cool….I am arriving on the 18

• 15 Apr 2012 Khub said

Khub

Right on I’m flying from christchurch I’m Gunna try to get a flight on stand by so I have no clue if I’ll get in on a flight or not. If I do I’ll check this discussion page tomorrow and see if we could meet up. Cheers

• 16 Apr 2012 emmalee1993 said

Default_avatar

I am doing Nothern Highlights Auck to Wellington on the 19th too! I wonder if we will join each other?

• 16 Apr 2012 debalance said

debalance

I’m in Auckland now, staying at Nomads which is just one block away from the Mercure hotel.

Contact me here or on my new kiwi mobile number if you want to catch up before the tour: +64 221 87 42 97.

• 16 Apr 2012 Chanty said

Default_avatar

Cool.. I am leaving Europe today… I will txt you when I am in Auckland. Enjoy!

• 17 Apr 2012 Khub said

Khub

How much are rooms at nomads? I didn’t get a flight to Auckland so I’m driving. I’ll be there tomorrow. Not sure where to stay yet.

• 17 Apr 2012 debalance said

debalance

Nomads Auckland right now:
    4 Bed Dorm: 36 NZD
    6 Bed Dorm: 33 NZD
    8 Bed Dorm: 30 NZD
    10 Bed Dorm: 27 NZD
    12 Bed Dorm: 24 NZD
    Don’t know about availability, but I’m in a 4 Bed Dorm and so far one bed was always empty.

• 17 Apr 2012 Khub said

Khub

Cool. So what are you up to today? Im in Thames. An hour drive away, I’m Gunna leave soon. Where would you wanna meet up??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.