Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie explorer (Darwin-Sydney)5th sept 2012??

9 Mar 2012 Leanne asked

Leanne

hey guys, anyone going to be on this tour?
im going it solo so be nice to say hi to anyone joining me :)

• 26 Mar 2012 Hyltonu said

Default_avatar

yes but it was full of people having sex with each other and getting drunk! Also there’s the famous contiki flu – everyone gets sick because you get run down and are all in such close quarters.
    Overstock Coupons

• 4 Apr 2012 Louise2408 said

Louise2408

Hi,
    I am going on this trip and Ill be by myself as well.
    Have you done much travelling before?
    This is my first big trip, so it’d be nice to know a face when I arrive for the tour.

• 4 Apr 2012 Leanne said

Leanne

H Louise, I’ve never really travelled alone before apart from to France so this will be a big one for me bit I’m really excited! Where are you from? Are you staying in oz after the tour? I’m staying in Sydney for a few days and then heading to Melbourne to visit family. Yeh I agree it’s nice to know you’ll sort of know someone when you get there :)
    X

• 4 Apr 2012 Louise2408 said

Louise2408

Yeah I can’t wait to go! Counting down already! I’m off to NZ and South America after Oz.
    I live in Sheffield. What about you? I arrive a few days before tour in Darwin and I’ve also got a few days after in Sydney before I head to NZ. My flight is 3rd October. Thought I might need a few days to recover from the tour!

:-)

• 4 Apr 2012 Leanne said

Leanne

That sounds amazing!! How long are you travelling for in total? Yeh I’m getting to Darwin on the 2nd sept do booked a couple of nights in a hostel and the night before the tour in the first tour hotel :) I’m staying in Sydney for a few days too but not planned where to stay etc. yeh I think a rest will def be in order its a jam packed tour, I’m going to chill out at my aunties for 2 weeks to recover! I live in Warwickshire in the midlands. I know 5 months feels like forever right now :( Do you have Facebook, might be easier to chat on there?
    X

• 6 Apr 2012 Louise2408 said

Louise2408

I’ll be travelling for 4 months in total! Can’t wait! I haven’t sorted out my hotel before and after trip but I’ll probably do same as you and book into hotel we start from the night before! My name on Facebook is Louise farnsworth and I’m in Sheffield!

• 7 Apr 2012 Leanne said

Leanne

4months… Pretty jealous right now! Ha. I think I’ve added you on Facebook but if not mine is Leanne Rabot :). I’m not going to book anywhere in sydney before hand as I’m guessing a few of us will be staying there so can just wait and see what the plan is. Yeh the tour starts so early that I didn’t want to be trekking from a diff hotel that early. Also it’s like quadruple rooms so most probs meet more people off the tour before we even get started. x
    X

• 11 Apr 2012 Francesca said

Francesca

Hello girls i’m francesca and i’m going too, i’m travelling solo as well. i’m from Italy and i can’t wait to go, how old are you? if i can ask. Are you doing the sailing as well?

• 12 Apr 2012 Louise2408 said

Louise2408

Hi Francesca,

It’s nice to hear from someone else who is going on the trip!
    I am 25 years old ! What about you?
    No I am not doing the sailing! Are you planning to travel anywhere else after Australia?
    x

• 12 Apr 2012 Francesca said

Francesca

ehm, looks like i’ll be the oldest one in the group, i’m 33 years old, no i’m not going anywhere else i got to be back to work after the tour unfortunately, :-)

• 23 Apr 2012 Julia said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! I’m Julia from Germany and I’m going on this trip too! I’m going with a friend of mine, we are both 23 years old when the trip starts but I will get 24 on the 26th of September. :-) :-) :-) I’m very excited but it isn’t my first tour with Contiki. I did the “Grand Southern” 4 years ago! It was so great! I hope this trip will be as nice as the last one!

• 25 Apr 2012 Leanne said

Leanne

Hi sorry for the late reply… im 22 years old, looking like the baby so far! Im not doing the sailing either, i want to enjoy being on the islands :)
    Aww your birthday in Australia Julia, that will be amazing! im sure this trip will be just as good if not better!! Are you travelling more of Australia or anywhere else after?
    x

• 17 May 2012 Alex said

Alex

Hey !!! I`ll be joining on this tour, just booked everything !! This will also be my first solo trip ! I`m coming from Montreal, This is going to be awesome !!! Can`t wait

• 25 Jun 2012 Gem said

Gem

Hi Guys! I’m just about to book the tour (with sailing) and I’m also going it alone so I’m glad I’m not the only one!

• 26 Jun 2012 Leanne said

Leanne

Hi Alex and gem! So glad there’s some more solo travellers on this tours, looks like its going to be a good one! How old are you guys? And where are you coming from gem? I’m from the midlands in the uk :)
    Xx

• 5 Jul 2012 Gem said

Gem

Sorry Leanne – I’m now departing from Sydney! When I checked they hadn’t got any places but it turned out they had. Have a great trip and who knows, maybe our paths will cross at some point along the tour! x

• 31 Jul 2012 Julia said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, don’t worry! When I did the Grand Southern, there were a lot of solo travelers! But none of them had problems to get to know the other tourmembers. After a few days we were a huge groupe of friends. :-) So don’t worry and enjoy the last calm days before the party starts ;-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.