Community_discussions_small  

Question

London & Paris + Paris Extension ?? 23 NOV 2012 ??

9 Mar 2012 MeVz asked

MeVz

Hello, I'm Michael. I'm deeply considering in booking the London & Paris+ trip for the 23rd of November. Is there anyone else going, or also considering to go at the same time as well?

I'm going in celebration of my 25th. This will be my first ever trip outside of national borders and first time travelling solo.

Talk to you soon!

• 10 Mar 2012 CintaAmber said

CintaAmber

Hi Michael,

I am also looking at doing this trip, not sure on exact dates but anywhere from mid-Nov to start of Dec. Also will be a solo traveller! Am keen to do this tour as I will be travelling a bit and will be great to meet some people who will be doing the same kind of thing.

• 19 Mar 2012 DanniT said

DanniT

I’m doing this one but from the 20th of October. I’d LOVE to hear from any other solo travellers doing this trip so hopefully more people pop up on the discussion threads closer to the date.

• 20 Mar 2012 NurseKara said

NurseKara

I’m booked on the London & Paris tour departing 10th November until 16th .

• 3 Jul 2012 Maaddiiee said

Maaddiiee

Hi, I am doing the london with paris extension tour beginning the 23rd of November and I am a solo traveller!
    excited to meet you all and have a great travel experience!

• 3 Jul 2012 ExplorerNicole91 said

ExplorerNicole91

Would love to hear from some people going on the 20th of dec! If you haven’t booked you should book this one – it goes over Christmas!

• 21 Jul 2012 Shanae said

Default_avatar

I’m looking to book this trip on the 10th of november. Is anyone else interested on these dates??

• 22 Jul 2012 bingaquino26 said

Default_avatar

Im thinking of joining the same tour on Nov 10 or 9……im confused……might do solo as well :)

• 23 Jul 2012 Ana_Excited2Travel said

Ana_Excited2Travel

I am looking at doing the Nov 23 London/Paris trip and will possibly be traveling solo. I did a Italy trip through Contiki in 2010 that was a lot of fun, so I expect this to be just as memorable.

• 24 Jul 2012 sare14 said

Default_avatar

I’ve booked for this tour on nov 10th not yet a definite departure but hopefully gets the numbers :)

• 28 Jul 2012 NathCrawf89 said

NathCrawf89

Its looking like I’ll be doing this tour. Just not sure if I’ll be on the 10th or 23rd of Nov.

• 2 Aug 2012 athena143 said

athena143

Hi! doing a solo trip as well, I’ve already booked my London & Paris tour for Sept 28th-October 5th of this year. Very interested on meeting a buddy to tour around London and Paris! =) Anyone going on these dates?

• 13 Sep 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, I did London, Paris, Rome solo in June. If you have any questions, just ask. I read a lot of things and received a lot of feedback so this is my way of giving back to the community. FYI, it was my first time in Europe.

• 13 Sep 2012 Melliegrubber said

Melliegrubber

I’m doing London, Paris and Rome tour in Jan. Very interested to hear about people’s experiences. Mel, where are you from? Where did you fly from?

• 14 Sep 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

I’m from Chicago and flew out from there. What would you like to know about the tour?

• 14 Sep 2012 NurseKara said

NurseKara

Hi Mel
    Did you do the optionals to Visit Stonehenge and the Roman Baths? If so did you have enough time and was it worth it? I’m not sure if I will do it with the tour or before the tour. What did you do on your spare time in Paris? What was the accommodation like and was it close to the main sites or underground?
    Thanks

• 14 Sep 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

I did the optionals for stonehenge and bath. Personally, I thought it was worth it. For me, the chance to go go out these historical place was surreal. You may never get the chance to do it again. In Paris, the hotel was nice and modern. It was fairly close to the sites. In fact, moulin rouge was within a 30 minute walk from the hotel. I managed to visit the louve, walk to the top of the arc de triomphe, and visit Norte dame. I never really used the underground in Paris. It was dirty and sketchy to say the least. I ended taking a cab about have the time there. Keep in mind in Paris, you’ll have 1 free day to yourself and there will various drop off points near the sites.

• 14 Sep 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

The best advice I could give you or anyone else here, is have no regrets as far as what you did or didn’t do. They may be a once in a life opportunity. Something I do recommend that you do is go to an area in Paris called sacre cour. There is a great local restraurante called La Bonne Franquette. The food is great, there’s a piano bar where the locals join in and sing. If I could, I’d visit more places like that. Your tour guide might take you there on your last nite. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

• 14 Sep 2012 Ana_Excited2Travel said

Ana_Excited2Travel

@Mel: What show did you see at the West End. I really want to see Les Mis, but if that isn’t going to be an option I want to make sure I plan to see it on my own since I am arriving early to london.

• 15 Sep 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

The show that i saw was Chicago. It was free so a lot of people went. But check with your guide just to be sure. After that, we all went to soho and hung out at a few bars there. That area is touristy but fun. It was within a 30-45 minute walk to the hotel and near the tube. Also, while up there, take a rickshaw back. It was fun and got a different perspective if this and you get to talk to local. I hope this helps.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.