Community_discussions_small  

Question

Spanish Spree July22/23 2012?? Anybody else?

9 Mar 2012 Emily_Canada asked

Emily_Canada

Hi soon to be travel friends,
I going on the Spanish Spree on July22/23. The reason for the double date? I'm leaving from Canada and we book our trips it includes a day of travel. So I think the tour starts on the 23rd of July.
SO July 23 to Aug.5 Who's going???? Summer in Spain going to be great!!

• 29 Mar 2012 HueChen said

HueChen

i am seriously considering going on this tour on this departure date… will hope to know soon. Are you doing any other tours before or after this one? I"m thinking about doing Croatia Island Cruising right before.

• 7 Apr 2012 HueChen said

HueChen

I booked this tour. See you in a few months

• 7 May 2012 Suzanne said

Suzanne

Hi, I’ve just booked this tour, excited! I’m going solo, this will be my 7th contiki.

• 16 May 2012 Emily_Canada said

Emily_Canada

Hi Suzanne!! Can’t wait to meet you!

• 19 May 2012 mmcruz said

mmcruz

Hi Emily, Im booking this tour on the 23rd as well. Im super excited but super nervous because it’s my first contiki, i’ve never been to europe and im going solo. Right now, im searching for plane tickets. Im considering staying an extra night in Madrid. Therefore ill be departing on the 6th. Is anyone else staying an extra night?

• 19 May 2012 Emily_Canada said

Emily_Canada

Hey! Can’t wait to meet you! I’m staying an etcra 2 nights in Madrid. I fly out on Aug.7

• 20 May 2012 mmcruz said

mmcruz

Thats awesome Emily! Where will you be staying for the extra 2 nights???

• 20 May 2012 mmcruz said

mmcruz

Thats awesome Emily! Where will you be staying for the extra 2 nights???

• 28 May 2012 CatMa said

Default_avatar

Hi Emily and everyone else going to the July 22-Aug.5 Spanish Spree tour!!!
    My sister and I, from Toronto, will be joining this tour and can’t wait!!
    it’s our first time too travelling with contiki… so a little nervous.. but still excited!
    Can’t wait to meet the group!

• 28 May 2012 Emily_Canada said

Emily_Canada

Hey mmcruz, Not sure where I will be staying Madris. I might stay at the hotel where we all end the tour or I might go to a hostel. I’m reading a bunch of reviews to make up my mind.

Hi CatMa, Great to here about some Canadians coming! Can’t wait!

• 28 May 2012 mmcruz said

mmcruz

Hi Emily, I’m also staying 2 extra nights (flight was cheaper on the 7th!). I was also thinking booking at the same hotel. I was also looking at the possibility of couchsurfing with some locals in Madrid. Keep in mind that ill be going solo, so if you wanna book a hotel together we can perhaps split the cost together. Its just an idea.

Catma, Im from Montreal. Im departing montreal on the 22nd and arriving to Toronto for my connection flight to Madrid. Im taking the 21h45 flight with Air Canada. Are we perhaps on the same flight?

Marilyn

• 29 May 2012 HueChen said

HueChen

i’m staying an extra pre-departure night. headed to Portugal for a few days after our tour ends if anybody wants to go. …

i had started a facebook group for our tour.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/334999249896963/

• 31 May 2012 Emily_Canada said

Emily_Canada

Hi Marilyn, That sounds like great idea!

To Everyone Else,
    Where are you flying into Madrid??
    I was think some of us could meet up on the 22nd if your in Madrid?Put some faces to names and get to know eachother. Just an idea.

I’m flying to London on July.13 then off to Madrid on the 22nd.

• 5 Jun 2012 CatMa said

Default_avatar

Hi Marilyn,
    I believe we are on the same flight to Madrid!! Yayy!!

• 5 Jun 2012 CatMa said

Default_avatar

@HueChen The facebook group was a great idea!! thank you for that! i just joined!

• 5 Jun 2012 mmcruz said

mmcruz

Awesome news Catma! Im a bit less stressed out now!
    I might be in Toronto a few days before the departure date. I want to visit my cousin who lives there. Add me in facebook, we can perhaps meet up or at least meet up at the airport.
    When do you fly back to Toronto?

• 7 Jun 2012 Simona.M said

Default_avatar

Hi Marilyn! we can definetly meet at the Toronto airport. I’ll add you on facebook and we’ll chat regarding details! :)

• 23 Jun 2012 Ally said

Default_avatar

I just booked this trip :) It will be my second Contiki and I’m very excited! I will also be traveling alone but I was alone my first tour and met soooo many great people! I’m sure this one will be the same.

• 23 Jun 2012 Emily_Canada said

Emily_Canada

Hey_ally, great to hear your joined the group. Your profile says your from Edmonton, when are you departing and coming back home? I’m also from Edmonton area(Sherwood park)
    We also have a Facebook group, I think their are 20 people on it.

• 23 Jun 2012 Ally said

Default_avatar

Hi Emily, I just tried to join the Facebook group. I love that you can get to know people before you ever get there. I’m actually going to visit a friend in PEI before I get to Spain and then possibly going to visit my cousin in London after. I haven’t booked my flights yet, just the tour. What about you? Are you going on your own?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.