Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who's doing the Asian Adventure May 20-June 2????

9 Mar 2012 Ana asked

Ana

Trying out Contiki for the first time, but used other singles tours before. Is anyone else doing this tour on these dates?

• 25 Mar 2012 DarrylHall said

DarrylHall

Hey Ana, we’re going on these dates – first timers too! You booked up yet?

• 30 Mar 2012 Ana said

Ana

Yes! All booked up. I’m really excited.

• 14 Apr 2012 Laura said

Default_avatar

I’m also going on this trip as a first timer!
    Looking forward to meeting you all.

• 7 May 2012 Tim said

Tim

First time I have booked with Contiki too. I’ve been to Africa and South Pacific but never SE Asia – I’m EXCITED.

Anyone coming into Bangkok early?

• 7 May 2012 Ana said

Ana

@Laura: looking forward to meeting all of you also, are you arriving on the 20th?
    @Tim: my friend and I arrive like at 8:30am on the 20th, going to try and get to a nearby beach that’s like 2 hours away from Bangkok. Saw your post on the meet up about a muay thai fight and I’d be interested in going to that.

• 14 May 2012 Tim said

Tim

@ Ana: I’ll probably hit the Muay Thai fight on Saturday (5/19) (Lumpini Stadium). But I know the Ratchadamnoen Stadium has fights on Sunday nite if you’re interested: http://www.muaythaionline.org/features/thaistadiums.html

Joanna and I will probably hit up the floating marketing on Sunday (5/20) which is 1.5hrs from Bangkok. You’re welcome to join but it lasts from 8am – 12pm so not sure you’ll be able to make it.

• 14 May 2012 Ana said

Ana

@ Tim: Won’t be able to make the floating market, it sounds interesting but it’s probably for the best. Lot of monetary damage could happen if I’m there for 4 hours, lol. Going to go to Koh Sichang instead once we drop off our luggage at the hotel (5/20) around 10a. Might look into the Muay Thai fight at night though. Thanks for sharing the link.

• 15 May 2012 watfordfan said

watfordfan

hi guys! confirmed on this trip and arriving saturday morning staying the same hotel as where we are all meeting when the trips starts. is anyone else getting in early if so what are your plans ???

• 17 May 2012 Tim said

Tim

@Watfordfan – I’m also arriving Saturday morning (10:35am at BKK on Korean Air) – I think I might be rooming with you at the hotel! Saturday my agenda is below. Love for you to join – probably safer with two guys and cheaper on taxis.

1) Check in Hotel 12:00 – 13:00
    2) Walk around – Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Po), the Golden Mountain 15:00
    3) Muay Thai Fight – Lumpini Stadium 17:00 – 21:00
    Ticket prices: 500, 1,000, 1,500 Baht (ringside)
    4) Visit Night Markets – walking distance from hotel; 21:00 – whenever
    KHAO SAN ROAD SHOPPING
    KHLONG LOD NIGHT MARKET IN BANGKOK

I’m leaving tonight, but shoot me a text or give me a call if you’re interested – 626-244-1224.

• 21 Jun 2012 gregamiel said

gregamiel

Hey guys! I am headed on the Asian Adventure on July 22nd, and as i was looking for others on these forums i cam across the fact that you recently came back from the trip! Would love to hear about! What are some of the highlights? things to look out for? Can’t wait for my trip, hopefully theirs nothing but amazing things! Looking forward to hearing back! :) – GREG

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion