Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Dates for 2011

8 Jun 2010 Little John said

Little John
Hi Contiki
Are any dates known for the Grand Southern and Grand Canadian for 2011. I wishing to do both starting from LA in about April or May. Could someone please post some dates on the website to plan around. Thanks in advance.
  • 19 Jun 2010 Little John said

Little John

Hi Cindy,
    Hey thanks for this knowledge, so helpful, now i can confirm what date i’m actually saving to to. So much easier with an end date to work to. I’m planning now for Grand Southern tour startng Thursday 26/05/2011. Was this the same time yo were looking at?
    Actually taking off about a week prior so i can get to the likes of Beverly Hills/Hollywood and San Francisco among other things bfore hand. This will work in really well to align with the Grand Canadian Tour following which includes the Calgary Stampede. looking forward to this trip.
    Where abouts are you from? Done any tours already? I’m from Sydney and last yr did Russia-Scandinavia then the UK followed by Ireland. Fabulous time everywhere, UK is my favourite though.
    Can’t decide as yet whether to take a backpack or case on wheels. I do know that th UK is a disaster for cases on wheels and as such have always carried a pack. The US might be different!

• 13 Jul 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

I too am anxiously waiting for dates because I want to plan another GS trip in April/May! I think the US dates might be out in the next 4-6 weeks though, so not long to wait now.

In the past, a good indicator is that the tour will leave on the same DAY as in the previous year (hence, the actual DATE will be one off).

For example Little John, if you were looking at a tour that started on Wednesday 20 January 2010 then it will still be the Wednesday in 2011, but the date will be the 21st…know what I mean?

HURRY UP CONTIKI. I’M IMPATIENT LOL!!

• 15 Jul 2010 Little John said

Little John

PinaI

Hey thank you for this info, superb news. Looking forward to finally confirming the tour.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.