Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY 16th Aug 2012

11 Mar 2012 Kylee asked

Kylee

Hey, who's doing the Grand Southern Starting on the 16th Aug 2012 LA-NY? I will be travelling solo and get to LA on the 14th Aug and stay where the tour starts.

• 12 Mar 2012 lozen89 said

lozen89

if it meets up with the eastern discovery 28th august then im on it too. Ive heard they meet together so possibly yes :)

• 13 Mar 2012 ShellyK said

Default_avatar

Hey Kyles,
    I am on this tour. travelling solo also, arrive in LA on 10 August. No accomodation booked yet :) I think there’s a few others on this tour there was another thread going relating to all tours in August somewhere in the forums.

• 13 Mar 2012 Jacob said

Default_avatar

Hey guys I’m on this tour aswell. Getting to LA on the 7th of August. I am planning on staying at the place the contiki leaves from for 2 nights or so. Might head to Vegas or San Francisco for a few days before the tour. How long are you staying in New York for afterwards. I can’t wait.

• 13 Mar 2012 ShellyK said

Default_avatar

Staying in NY for 5 days after. Planning on doing a theme park in LA when im there other than that no idea. I saw our tour is booked out today on the website, gonna be a packed bus.. there goes the ides of seats to ourselves :)

• 20 Mar 2012 Ainslee said

Default_avatar

Hi. I’m on this tour, get to LA on the 11th, and 4 nights in NY after. And as lame as it sounds, I’m super nervous about travelling solo as well as really excited!

• 20 Mar 2012 Jacob said

Default_avatar

Oh that’s good. We have a few people on it haha. Where abouts are you guys from. I’m from Melbourne. And I’m 22. It would be good to catch up before the tour. In LA and go to the theme parks or something. I should be back in LA on the 11th aswell. As I am planning to do a few nights in San francisco when I get there.

• 20 Mar 2012 Ainslee said

Default_avatar

I’m from West Aus, I would love to do the theme parks and it would be good to go with other people and get to know people beforehand!

• 20 Mar 2012 Jacob said

Default_avatar

Yeh thats so true. Shoot me an email. My email is coxyj101@hotmail.com
    Oh and my name is Jacob by the way :)

• 29 Mar 2012 Kylee said

Kylee

I am also from West Aust. I was think about going to Seaworld in San Diego or one of the Theme Parks on the day before the tour or go to a Baseball game . I am also staying in New York until the 15th Sept doing the New York Explorer Tour. My email is kennedy.kylee@gmail.com if you want to get in contact with me so we can organise to catch up before the tour starts.

• 9 Apr 2012 lozen89 said

lozen89

Hey guys. Il be joining this tour in new Orleans. Just checked it out and it’s a connecting tour :-). Not long now till we all leave :-)

• 17 Apr 2012 PrincessExplorer said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I’m doing this tour too….i’m arriving in LA on the 12th Augs wanting to do Hollywood and some of the theme parks too…i’m not sure how long im staying in new york yet hopefully a week or more. I’m from queensland so looking forward to it :D

• 21 Jun 2012 Kim said

Kim

Hey guys, I’m doing this tour too with my friend :) we fly out of Mlb’s 11th Aug and doing a few days in San Fran first then a couple of days in LA. Don’t be worried bout travelling solo guys, I went to Europe last yr with a mate then continued onto Ireland solo, you meet so many people, your pretty much baby sat by contiki they organise it all and you sit back and enjoy the ride. When ya go solo you tend to put yourself out there more to meet new people :)

• 27 Jun 2012 Mike said

Mike

Hey how are yas? I’ll be on your tour but we will be getting on half way I’n New Orleans! 3 mates and i will be traveling on the tour! We are getting pretty excited now! We fly into L.A on the 13th and will travel around up until the tour starts!! Looking forward to meeting you all!

• 3 Jul 2012 Kendal said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m Kendal, doing this tour with my 2 friends, Em and Tristan. We’re meeting the group in Vegas on the 16th. Cant WAIT to get there! I have 40 days exactly left and I can honestly say its going to be 40 unproductive days haha. We’re from WA. Should be a great time. I went on a 28 day Tiki in Europe last year and we had a great time, group was really chilled out. Cant wait to meet ya’ll :D

• 3 Jul 2012 ShannonBeulke said

Default_avatar

My best friend and I are going on this tour so excited!!! see you all in like 40 days wooo!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.