Community_discussions_small  

Question

Western Highlights 18th July 2012

12 Mar 2012 ap asked

Default_avatar

Hi!

Just booked myself onto Western Highlights leaving LA on Wednesday 18th July! I think the guys on LA to the Bay leaving on the same day will be going to the same places.

Anyone else on either of these tours?

And is anyone else struggling to find somewhere to stay near the Kyoto Grand the night before the tour starts? Seems that the Kyoto Grand is booked out and so are most of the hotels around it...

• 23 Mar 2012 Ash said

Default_avatar

Hello, my friend and I are doing this tour also.
    we had the same accom problem and i think we are going to stay the night before at Stay Hotel (hostel) in downtown LA which is pretty close & cheap. not a very nice area though!!!

• 24 Mar 2012 ap said

Default_avatar

Oh cool! Yeah I think I’ll be staying next door to Stay, at the Cecil. You’re right, the area does seem a bit dodgy but I’m on my own so I’ve gotta go cheap! I google mapped the location and I think it may be a bit far to walk with luggage on the morning before the tour starts – maybe we can all catch a cab together to the Kyoto Grand on the morning that the tour starts!

• 26 Mar 2012 Ash said

Default_avatar

ah we wont be there for long at least! Sounds like a good plan – we have to get up to Kyoto pretty early so don’t want to be wandering the streets with our luggage!

• 25 Apr 2012 ap said

Default_avatar

I’ll now be going on the 15th July departure, enjoy your trip Ash!

• 21 May 2012 NaomiP said

NaomiP

My friend Kristy and I are also on this tour!! :) staying at Kyoto Grand for two nights prior. Apparently this and LA TO THE BAY are the same tour!

• 21 May 2012 Kayla said

Kayla

woohoo gonna be amazing! :D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion