20 Dec 2007 Thisma asked

Default_avatar
hello

sorry my english not very good.
anyone on june 7 tour? Smiler
  • 22 Dec 2007 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

hi thisma Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

why, i am going on the june 7th tour too…maybe i’ll see you on it!

• 13 Jan 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

I just booked my place on this tour so I’ll see you both there!!

• 14 Jan 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

just wondering are you guys travelling alone or with people. I am going by myself and am a bit nervous about it

• 15 Jan 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

I’m going all by myself! Am nervous and scared and excited all in one! Will be my longest plane ride ever and my first overseas flight alone too. It’s all good!!! Explorer108144 do you have a name?

• 15 Jan 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

I’m so relieved I won’t be the only one travelling alone…believe it or not my name is not actually Explorer1080144 it’s Phelon…I’m from Melbourne where abouts are you from?

• 20 Jan 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

I’m in Melbourne too! From what I’ve read on here most Contiki people are Australians …

The countdown to June is gonna kill me!

• 24 Jan 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

I am really excited to go too. Are you getting to Berlin earlier or on the day we all meet up? And are you travelling anywhere after? Whereabouts in Melbourne are you from…north south east west?

• 31 Jan 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

I am getting there the day before the tour starts just so I can try and overcome jetlag as soon as possible. I am booked to stay at the same hotel the tour starts in too, my travel agent organised all of it! I will finish in Warsaw and fly direct to London to spend a week with family before coming back to Melb. I am in the south-east of Melb, what about you? You getting to Berlin early? What are your plans after the tour ends?

• 4 Feb 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

yeah i am doing the same thing as you except I get in on the 5th of June hopefully I will have beaten jetlag by the time the tour starts…hopefully! I am going to finish in Warsaw too but I am flying to Malta and spending another 6 weeks there. But I am planning to go to London sometime during that time. I really want to go everywhere but I don’t think I’ll have enough money. And finally I am from the Western Suburbs. Sorry to keep pestering you with questions but do you have any idea of what the weather will be like on the tour??

• 5 Feb 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

June will be the start of their summer so I’m hoping it will be a whole lot warmer than here! I am still going to take long pants and a jumper or two just in case. The evenings might still be a bit mild. I have to admit this is just my assumptions seeing as I have never been to Europe before!!! So how old are you? I’m probably going to be the oldest in the group, I’m 33 now and will be 34 by the time I leave here.

• 7 Feb 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

yeah you’re probably right about the weather, I think I’ll take maybe 2 jeans with me and a jacket of some sort. I am 19 but I wouldn’t worry too much about being the oldest on tour, my sisters have been on contiki and said that everyone mixes with everyone. Any reason why Eastern Europe is your first Euro experience?

• 7 Feb 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

I dated a Hungarian once and he and his mum always told me I had to see it and this was the only tour that went to Budapest and not Italy too. When I see Italy I want it to be the full experience, not just 2 nights then off to somewhere else! It isn’t too long a tour and I figured that was a good length to start with. Why did you choose this one?

• 10 Feb 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

i’ve just always had a (very slight) obsession with eastern europe…ok maybe a little more than slight. I’m getting seriously excited now and restless, especially at work. I really hope it’s mix between sightseeing and partying, I don’t want to be the only one wanting to go sightseeing. Do you think they’ll be much opportunity for both?

• 10 Feb 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

Personally I am going to do as much sightseeing as I can. My attitude is I’m going to be in places I mightn’t see again for a long time so I’m going to make the most of it. That said, I will definitely go out for a few drinks with my tour-mates, but not party-party-party so I miss stuff the following day. If no one else will sightsee with you then ask me ok?

• 12 Feb 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

Will do! this trip is a guaranteed departure so I’m guessing it will be a full tour true? My travel agent put me down for a triple share room which i am relieved/worried about, I just don’t know what to expect. What country are you looking forward to most (apart form Hungary)

• 13 Feb 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

I have no idea if the tour will be full, I presume it will, any idea how many people make up a full tour? I am down for twin share I think. I hope there is some logic to how they allocate room-mates too!
    I am looking forward to all of it to be honest. I have a bit of an interest in the war memorials and things due to family history so that will be a highlight for me.
    What will be the highlights for you?
    I counted, 16 weeks to the day until I leave! That sounds so far away still!

• 14 Feb 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

I can’t believe it is only 16 weeks…that sounds really close to me. I am really looking forward to seeing the Berlin wall but apart from that the country that I look forward to changes nearly every week. This week it is Poland…except I am a bit apprehensive about Auschwitz, I hope it’s not too sad.

• 17 Feb 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

Sara, I haven’t been at school for a very long time! I reckon I’m going to be one of the oldest on the tour!!! So tell us about you and your boyfriend – what are you looking forward to the most and so on Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 17 Feb 2008 Annie said

Default_avatar

Phelon – yes I think it will be sad but good for us to see too. The more I talk to people the more excited I’m getting, gee I wish I could speed up time a bit!

• 18 Feb 2008 Explorer1080144 said

Explorer1080144

Hello Sarah and Annie,

I was beginning to think Annie and I were the only ones going on the trip. I’m not at university but I fall into the age bracket seeing as I will be 19 on the trip.
    I have been to Europe but only to Malta and Italy. I think this week I am most looking forward to the Czech Republic.
    Can you believe I am so excited I have already started packing my backpack (truly sad)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.