Community_discussions_small  

Question

North by North East 21st Sept 2012 - want 2 meet u

13 Mar 2012 Helen asked

Helen

This tour is full, so i would love to say hi to any one who will be this journey with me. I'm Helen from Australia and doing my first contiki solo trip. Did camping around europe with a friend and loved it. So looking forward to exploring another part of the world with wonderful people.

• 19 Mar 2012 sarah said

sarah

hello helen im also booked on this tour as well. Im doing the grand southern before this tour, i cannot wait. Im also from australia and travelling alone.

• 19 Mar 2012 Helen said

Helen

Sarah hi :-)
    Got a big smile on my face when i saw someone replied.. What a tour you are in for with Grand Southern beforehand. Wow. Have you gone with Contiki before? If not feel free to ask me anything you may want to know… I am so excited.. Where is Oz are you from? I am from the central Coast in NSW but currently living in Sydney. This is my first time overseas by myself, so i am a little nervous.. Spending a week in New York before the tour.. Where are you looking forward to most? x

• 20 Mar 2012 sarah said

sarah

i know i was the same when i released that someone had finally made a post. yea its going to be a long trip but wish it would hurry up. no this is my first contiki tour but probley wont be my last. Europe would of been amazing. Im from tamworth. im also staying 4 nights in new york before the tour, what hotel are you looking at staying at in NY. I cannot wait to meet awsoem ppl and just get lost. what about yourself?

• 25 Mar 2012 Helen said

Helen

Europe was absolutely incredible.. I’m looking forward to not actually sleeping on the ground this time though :-) If you were keen it would be awesome to meet up in New York before the tour and explore… Or get lost in the big city… lol…. Are you on FB? I have a bad internet connection and for some reason this contiki site takes ages to load, but face book or email works well… Hope you had a great weekend.. Its nearly april already, so im sure our trip will come around before we know it.

• 25 Mar 2012 sarah said

sarah

Try adding me on “sarah hudson woolomin” in the search engine. That would be awsome to meet up before hand lol and get lost.

• 3 Apr 2012 Chris said

Chris

Hi guys, noticed this thread so I thought I’d stop by and say hi. How are you? This will be my third Contiki, but first in the US. The other two have been a blast. I land in NY September 14 so it would be great to meet a few people before the trip.
    If you guys are interested in an alternative to hotels, try airbnb.com. Here you can get accommodation in any city in the US for a fraction of the price of a hotel. The best part of the experience is you can live in a NY apartment just like a local.

• 4 Apr 2012 Helen said

Helen

Chris third time lucky hey.. Hopefully its your best tour yet… Where did you go on your previous tours?
    Are you coming to the States by yourself?
    I am landing in NY on the 14th too. Staying in a hostel in times square, which should be good. Right in the heart of it i guess..
    Would be great to meet up before the tour starts and to not be so ‘alone’ in a big new city..
    Do you have face book? I find it a little easier to keep in contact through that then on here…
    Hope sep comes around quickly.. its already april so im sure it will :-)

• 4 Apr 2012 Chris said

Chris

Hey Helen, yeah, 3rd time around. Last two have been a blast. I went through Europe and more recently NZ with Contiki.
    I’ve added you to my fb so can talk more there. Talk soon :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.