Community_discussions_small  

Question

Spotlight on Greece + 3 day cruise- May 27

14 Mar 2012 Jessica asked

Jessica

Anyone else going on this trip?

• 24 Apr 2012 Paulina said

Paulina

Hey, I’ll be doing the Spotlight on Greece + 7 day cruise… I think our tour groups are the same for the first part.

• 25 Apr 2012 Jessica said

Jessica

Hi Paulina- good to hear from you. I haven’t seen many other people on here doing the trip that date and was getting worried! Wish I could have done the 7 day trip but I decided to start with this one. Where are you travelling from?

• 25 Apr 2012 Paulina said

Paulina

Hi Jessica, Yeah – I just scrolled through the discussions and most are about travel later in the summer.. I’m traveling from Montreal, Qc. Where are you from?

Jessica

I’m from the U.S., New Jersey. I’ll be having a super long plane flight too. Well I’ll hopefully be seeing you in Athens – can’t wait! :)

Paulina

Yeah, I was lucky to find a direct flight – but 9 hours arriving at 7:30am Greece time (when it’ll fell like midnight) is gonna be rough. I really like these forums that allow you to connect with people before the trip, I’m looking forward to meeting you in person!

Jessica

Yes, maybe we’ll see some more before it gets closer. I’m not sure exactly what to expect for the trip, but at least I’ve heard Greece is a beautiful place to visit. And the time change is going to be crazy, I highly doubt I’ll get much sleep on the plane. I’ll definitely need a nap sometime after I get in!

Paulina

Yeah, me neither. I really wanted to go on vacation at the end of May this year but didn’t have anyone to go with that had the money or could take the time off work – once I decided to go on my own I was really happy to find this where most of the people are traveling solo so I don’t have to worry about “single supplement” charges. As long as a get a cool roommate it should be great. I chose Greece because I wanted to go somewhere I could explore the sights and have some relaxing beach time. I didn’t want to pack my trip with so many attractions that I’d need a vacation from my vacation, but I didn’t want to just sit on a beach resort for a week either. Also, my cousin and her family are going to be in Athens at the same time (we’re on the same flight). I didn’t want to impose on her family vacation, but I thought since I’d be traveling alone it’d be nice to at least have a familiar face in the country.
    I doubt I’ll get much sleep on the plane either, I’m kinda looking forward to the guilt free movie watching and reading time – my plane leaves at 3:30 so I plan to go to bed early the night before and sleep in as late as possible!

• 26 Apr 2012 Jessica said

Jessica

Same here, I wanted to go somewhere in Europe but didn’t want to be the only solo person. The Contiki vacations seemed to be good for meeting other people and having a good group to tour with. Greece seems like a good mix of fun and history so I thought it would be a good place to check out. The beaches in NJ are pretty dismal so I am very much looking forward to the islands too! I’ll probably be wishing I had signed up for the longer cruise once it starts!

• 16 May 2012 Michael said

Michael

Hi there! I’m also going! Very much looking forward! Also from Canada, apparently it’s almost booked up it’s gonna be a rockin time!

• 16 May 2012 Jessica said

Jessica

Nice to meet you! Glad to hear it was booked, it looks like it will be a fun trip!

• 16 May 2012 Michael said

Michael

Are you guys going anywhere else? Me and my partner in crime are going to Amsterdam, Paris and London before and a few places in italy after!

• 17 May 2012 Jessica said

Jessica

Nope, just this one. Thought I’d see how this tour went first. That sounds like quite an adventure though!

• 19 May 2012 Paulina said

Paulina

Hey guys, only 8 days till Greece! Jess, have you started packing yet? What sort of luggage are you bringing? I feel like I should have a backpack as my carry-on that I can use throughout the tour. Check-in with the tour is at 7pm, but my plane lands at 7:30am.. not sure if I should go straight to the hotel or not, since I’ll be getting off the flight with my cousin I could always relax with her before the tour meet up. When does your flight get in?

• 21 May 2012 Jessica said

Jessica

Hi Paulina, I know I can’t believe it’s almost time to go! I am bringing the same- a piece of luggage and a backpack. I still feel like I can’t fit everything in! I get in one day earlier actually, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel after the flight so I decided to get there the day before to just rest (though I’m staying at a nearby hotel that has a pool for my first night). I think the check in for the Contiki hotel is 12:30 pm, so I’ll be heading over there around then.

They might let you check in earlier though, that’s a while to wait. Someone told me to get international calling on my phone, so if I do I can email you my phone # or something. I definitely would be up for walking around sometime before the 7pm check in if you felt up to it.
  • 26 May 2012 Paulina said

Paulina

Hey, sorry for the delay! Half the time I sign on it doesn’t let me reply.. Anyway, I hope you get this in time. My email address is : paulacgt@hotmail.com, and my number is 514-502-0365. It’s a smart phone and I have viber so as long as I’m in a wifi zone you can text or call me through the viber app – or just send me an email. What hotel are you staying at? Send me an email with your details. See you soon!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.