Community_discussions_small  

Question

Suitcase or Backpack??

17 Mar 2012 Gregski asked

Gregski

Ive booked on to a 25day tour of Australia and just wondering if any1 that has been or is planning a trip themselves would advise to take a suitcase or backpack?? Also can you take handluggage on the plane too??

• 7 May 2012 Explorer1242790 said

Explorer1242790

When I went to Europe last summer on a 24 day tour I took a backpack and hated it never seemed to find what I wanted very well and near the end of my tour I ended buying a small suit case cause the time I bought some stuff there was no way it was all going to fit in my pack and carry on . I didn’t buy much that was big but just not enough room thank goodness my air line allowed two checked bags and a carry on cause I was still under the weight limit personally I wouldn’t take my pack again I took a suit case to go to Greece in oct enjoyed that better but it was only a week

• 8 May 2012 caroxdsouza said

Default_avatar

Well according to me backpacking is really beneficial for your, which makes your trip free of risks and you can travel peace of mind. And one more thing is that if you’re a frequent traveler then annual travel insuranceis best for you else single trip insurance is beneficial for you.

• 10 May 2012 amalia said

amalia

I’m from Australia, and I have met and seen MANYYYY backpackers & tourists.
    Not being racist or anything…but this is what I’ve found.
    Europeans – 99% bring backpacks (some have a small wheelie suitcase)
    Asians – 100% bring suitcases with wheels.

Honestly its purely up to you. Either is fine, it just depends on what you prefer and whether you’re ok with carrying around a backpack for a month. You can get suitcases that double as backpacks…which is quite a good investment (i bought one for my trip to Europe)
    My personal choice is to have a suitcase cause I have a bad back, but yeh…

• 12 May 2012 Gregski said

Gregski

Thanks Amalia, ive decided to go for the suitcase option just seems easier and less ironing will have to be done lol.
    What part of Australia are you from?

• 13 May 2012 amalia said

amalia

hahaha not a problem :) most places have irons anyway or you can just iron with your straightner haha

I’m from South Australia

• 13 May 2012 Gregski said

Gregski

lol last time i tried to iron with straighteners i burnt my trousers :S haha thats the thing do i bring iron, straightners etc or will i have access to them?! (i know you may not know but question i havent got round to asking any1 yet!)
    Hopefully if things go well im fingers x’d goin to get a working visa as a hairdresser so hopefully find a job.
    Nothing in the uk for me.

• 14 May 2012 amalia said

amalia

hahahahaa you have to be careful though!!
    what do you mean access?? like can you buy them here? cause you can buy straightners and irons for like $10-$30

Oh nice!!!! I’m not sure what the hairdressing industry is like, I work in Admin. But! theres always pubs looking for people to work so you may be able to get a job behind a bar while you find hairdressing work

• 14 May 2012 Gregski said

Gregski

i didnt know if id be better of bringin my travel hairdryer and straigheners?!
    I have 8yrs experience in admin but last 3yrs have been hairdressin and that is where my main passion lies now :)

Ah brilliant i really think it is goin to be the move i make, so exciting but nerve wrackin at the same time lol

• 14 May 2012 amalia said

amalia

whatever you feel comfortable with. travel dryer & straightner will be less weight…
    Admin jobs are everywhere!!!!!

You’ll love it here :) and if you get stuck people are always willing to help you out

• 16 May 2012 Gregski said

Gregski

Thanks for all your help Amalia, getting butterflies thinkin about it but think there’s more nerves in there than excitement haha

• 5 Jun 2012 chrisgayle885 said

Default_avatar

s

• 3 Oct 2012 chrisgayle885 said

Default_avatar

Recently I and my wife had been to Australia tour. The tour was amazing, had great experience throughout the tour. During the tour we didn’t carried much luggage only one suitcase was enough for us. I purchased Samsonite suitcase for tour and it proved to be a great buy since the functions were good and didn’t create any problems while check-in at airport. So I’d suggest you to go with suitcase rather than backpack which will give you enough comfort of carrying as well as space to store your stuff well.

Default_avatar

Default_avatar

Default_avatar

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion