Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer- June 16-July 3rd anybody???

18 Mar 2012 Capsfan811 asked

Capsfan811

Hey guys, I'm Alex.
I signed up for the Grand Explorer that starts on the 18th of June but technically on the 16th for me, cause those are my travel days. We start of in Auckland and end in Christchurch. I was hoping to meet some people on here before we all meet in NZ. I'm ready for an awesome time and hope you all are as well.

• 4 Apr 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

i start on the 20th im on the grand explorer also. gettin in on the 19th and stayin at the mercure for the night,.

• 4 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Hey Jake,
    I’m sure we’re gonna have tons of big nights out. If it’s anything like my last Contiki, you’re in for the most epic parties you can imagine. Not sure I have the guts to sky dive, but I’m definitely giving bungee a go.

• 4 Apr 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

Yeah im hopin its gonna be as fun as ive heard.. Ive done both before and bungee is alot hard cos u can see everything on the ground.. Sky diving is actually pretty tame believe it or not.. Im keen as for the canyon swing more than anything! Follwed closely by the idea of a 13 day bender!! Lol

• 4 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Cant wait !!! really need to start saving some money though

• 5 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

What’s everyone looking forward to most ? ( besides bundgy jumping and canyon swing)

• 5 Apr 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

Gettin drunk n meetin new ppl.. Zorbin n white water rafting.. And gettin away out of adelaide!

• 5 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Yea I’m very keen on the getting hammered every night. I did it for 29 days in Europe I’m sure 15 days will be a piece of cake.

• 5 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

I’m right there with you on the whole money saving thing.
    As far as what I’m excited for, probably meeting everyone and zorbing. I think everything sounds really awesome, so it’s hard to pick. What about you?

• 5 Apr 2012 ThereseGrennard said

Default_avatar

I’m dead excited about skydiving as it just seems epic and NZ with its stunning scenery must be the best place imaginable to do it! Just have got to force myself into actually doing it.. The jet boat seems pretty cool as well and let’s be honest, visit Cadbury world can’t be too bad either. I reckon the combination of doing extreme things, seeing beautiful sights, meeting new people and having a great party simply is a winning concept! Handed in my notice at work today, so I guess this thing really is happening now! haha

• 5 Apr 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

How come u wuit your joh.. Yeah i agree with ya.. Hope the weather holds up so all these activities are all doable! I was doin alright savin myself but been goin here and spending it all lol hope i have some left by the time inget there lol.. Where is everyone from?

• 6 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

My sister did the black water rafting and she said it was amazing , I need to sit down and have a good look though

Andrew Dalton

I’m from Sydney

• 6 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

I forgot about the rafting. I saw pictures my friend uploaded from when he did it and it looks wicked awesome. Listening to you guys talk abo sky diving is making me highly consider it. I just hope it’s not going to break the bank. When I was in Switzerland last year it was like 400 swiss franks, which was like 700 bucks here in America. No way in Hell am I spending that much. I’m from Washington D.C. I’ll probably be one of less than 5 Americans on the tour, just like last time. And I’m totally happy about that.

• 6 Apr 2012 Ihdar said

Ihdar

Cya’s there. Prepare yourself.

• 6 Apr 2012 ThereseGrennard said

Default_avatar

So what is the diffrence between black and white water rafting- is it in caves if it is the black? You should go for it, seems like such an amazing experience and one of those things you want to have done before you die. Switzerland is ridiculously expensive, so in NZ it should be less than $350.. It is about £170, whatever that is in USD.. Well, Ive been living in England for the past two years but decided that it was time to move back home to Sweden, so I decided to finish off with a great trip, something immediate to look forward to as I most likely would have gotten stuck here otherwise as London is truly amazing. So, yeah, last day at work is coming up soon!

Andrew Dalton

the black what rafting is through caves but your all on individual tubes and you climb up rocks and stuff its meant to be freezing!!!!!!

• 6 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

What’s up Ihdar? Glad you found us on here.
    $350 isn’t bad for skydiving. I’ll probably give it a go then. That will definitely be an awesome experience. For those of you living in Australia. What are winters like down there? I get that we are going to be there in winter and being from North America, nobody would be caught dead doing water activities in the winter. So I guess what I’m asking is how cold does it get down there? Winters here are normally like 20 degrees but I can’t imagine it being that cold down there. We picre Australia as being a tropical paradise all the time.

Andrew Dalton

Well where I’m from our weather is all over the place in summer it can’t get over 40 degrees celsius ( metric system) in winter it can get below zero. Being from north America the cold weather won’t be a shock for you.

• 6 Apr 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

Yeah im the same in south australia… At the moment the weathers sittin around the 25 degree celcius mark which is just nice at night time its gettin down to about 10-15 degree nights

• 6 Apr 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

I think america will be my next contiki if i like this one i wanna do vegas n ny.. Thatll be awesome i reckon

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.