Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer- June 16-July 3rd anybody???

18 Mar 2012 Capsfan811 asked

Capsfan811

Hey guys, I'm Alex.
I signed up for the Grand Explorer that starts on the 18th of June but technically on the 16th for me, cause those are my travel days. We start of in Auckland and end in Christchurch. I was hoping to meet some people on here before we all meet in NZ. I'm ready for an awesome time and hope you all are as well.

• 6 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

I think I’ll be able to handle your winters alright. We had about 3ft of snow, so I think I can handle anything after that. I haven’t been to Vegas yet but the Hangover sure made it seem fun. NY is crazy. That’s all I have to say about that. There are way to many people there. Wayyyyy to many people.

• 7 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Yep America definitely next on the agenda.

• 7 Apr 2012 Ihdar said

Ihdar

Hey guys. nice to meet you all. Let’s just leave all the hellos till the 18th! Seeyas there!!

• 10 Apr 2012 chelswa4 said

chelswa4

let me know how it goes! im thinking about going in september =]

• 12 Apr 2012 ThereseGrennard said

Default_avatar

69 days to go now! what type of bag are you packing? rucksack or wheeler?

• 12 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Yeeewwww 60 days til my holidays begin , I’ll be taking a wheelie suitcase.

• 13 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

I’m bringing a bag that can also be used as a big back pack. Then it has a day pack the detatches from it. It was perfect in Europe. I just wont make the same mistake I did last time and by filling up all the empty space with extra clothes. 69 days, ahhhh can’t wait!

• 17 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Finding it harder and harder to go to work everyday , so damn pumped for this trip …… also wanted to move this back to the top and make it easier for others who are on this tour to find it .

• 17 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

So we’ve got about 6 of us that found eachother on here. I sure hope there are more than 10 people on this tour. My other tour was about 45 people and it was perfect.

• 18 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

I have no doubt there will be people who don’t find this page who are on our tour and even if there isn’t I’m sure we will have an awesome group.

• 18 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

you all should add me to facebook

• 20 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

How can I find you on fb? I think that would be much easier for us to talk cause I’m barely ever on this contiki thing.

• 20 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Haha sorry mate I thought I put my email address up. Dalton.andrew@hotmail.com

• 20 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Found ya. Mine is ajgregg@radford.edu for anyone who wants to add me.

• 21 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

The rest feel free to add me aswell

• 29 Apr 2012 ThereseGrennard said

Default_avatar

50 days to go! waaay too excited! im theresegrennard@live.se by the way..

• 29 Apr 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Hey guys! Just spontaneously booked the Grand Adventurer out of Auckland June 20th- July 3rd a few days ago! Good to see who ill be travelling with. I hear New Zealand is amazing anyone been already? And i see yall have talked alot about different excursions in the different cities. Would it be better to start booking stuff like bungie jumping now or wait till we actually get to New Zealand?

• 30 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Hey Richard,
    I’ve never been to New Zealand, but heard incredible things about it. Speaking from past experience, I would say it’s better to book your tours while we are on the tour bus. It’s nice to talk to other people and see what everyone else is doing and in the unortunate case of you getting sick, you don’t want to have payed for something you won’t be able to do. They should refund you though. I’d say do what feels right to you, I am just going to wait cause it worked well for me on my last tour.

• 30 Apr 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Sounds good,thanks for the advice Alex, I think I’ll wait to book them. Less than two months away now, sounds like its going to be an epic time!

• 30 Apr 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

For sure, it’s going to be awesome.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion