Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer- June 16-July 3rd anybody???

18 Mar 2012 Capsfan811 asked

Capsfan811

Hey guys, I'm Alex.
I signed up for the Grand Explorer that starts on the 18th of June but technically on the 16th for me, cause those are my travel days. We start of in Auckland and end in Christchurch. I was hoping to meet some people on here before we all meet in NZ. I'm ready for an awesome time and hope you all are as well.

• 30 Apr 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Hey Richard , times flying .. Really looking forward to meeting you all.

• 2 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Hey all was just wondering who will be arriving a day or 2 before the tour ? Would love to catch up for a few beers before hand !

• 2 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Not me. I actually arrive at 5:45 am the day the tour leaves. I’m a nervous wreck that my flight will get delayed and I’ll miss something.

• 6 May 2012 zoe said

zoe

Hi I’m on this tour too. just booked to celebrate my 25 th birthday. I’m arriving in Auckland on the 17th staying at the mecure. Can’t wait to do all the adrenaline stuff :)

• 6 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Hey Zoe !! Great to meet another person from our tour

• 6 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Hey Zoe! Are you guys getting excited? Our tour is a little over a month away. Holy crap, time is flying.

• 7 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday .. I’ll be kind of celebrating mine as well but mines on the 17th the day before we leave.

• 7 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

I won’t be arriving until the morning of the tour…and welcome to the group Zoe! 2 birthdays during that time sounds like a hell of a way to all celebrate!!! And time is flying…a little less than 6 weeks now!

• 7 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Richard, does your flight leave from LAX and get in around 6am? If so, we’re on the same flight. It’s the only one I could find on all the travel websites I checked out.

• 7 May 2012 zoe said

zoe

Nice to meet all of u. Originally I was gonna fly in on the morning on the tour but I remembered last contiki trip they did the group met before on the night. And I spent my 20th birthday in Bulgaria via 46 day european camping trip. I’ve been to nz twice, one for family and other via cruise but missed out on alot of places so this time can actually have fun.

• 7 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Alex, yea my flight leaves from LAX and gets to Auckland around 6 am. I fly out of LAX on June 18. Is yours the same date? And looks like I will miss out on meeting with the group the night before Zoe. I’ll plan on seeing everyone that morning!

• 7 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

46 days in Europe? Wow, and I thought my 20 days was impressive. Seems like we will have a lot to share about our experiences in all the countries we got to see. And Richard, I have to look at my itinerary, but I’m pretty sure I leave Washington D.C on the 16th but with all the time changes, I arrive in NZ on the 18th.

Andrew Dalton

Plenty of time to get to know everyone . Everyone will be like family in no time , after 2 days on the European tour it seemed like I’d known those people most of my life.

Andrew Dalton

Plenty of time to get to everyone. Can’t wait !!!

• 7 May 2012 zoe said

zoe

Counting down the days and saving spending money :) when inwas in Europe I bought so many souvenirs but this time round I think it’ll be money for all the activities and requests to brink back kiwi food from the supermarkets lol. Can’t wait to meet everyone in person, :)

• 11 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

A anyone recieved their contiki info packs yet ? It’s just on my European tour id already had it this close to the tour.

• 11 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Haven’t got my packet in yet. I was told they should be coming in the mail within a week though!

• 11 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

I haven’t recieved mine either. I know I had mine atleast a month or two before my European tour. What gives?

• 11 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

I read somewhere that it would be in 3weeks before the trip but my travel agent said it would be in this week! Not sure either but hope it gets here soon!??

• 11 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

I read the same thing about getting it a couple weeks before the tour. Not sure why so late. Oh well, just keep thinking about how awesome it’s going to be.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.