Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer- June 16-July 3rd anybody???

18 Mar 2012 Capsfan811 asked

Capsfan811

Hey guys, I'm Alex.
I signed up for the Grand Explorer that starts on the 18th of June but technically on the 16th for me, cause those are my travel days. We start of in Auckland and end in Christchurch. I was hoping to meet some people on here before we all meet in NZ. I'm ready for an awesome time and hope you all are as well.

• 11 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Cheers guys much appreciated

• 14 May 2012 a.par said

a.par

Hi, everyone! I’m Anarosa. I’m SO psyched for this trip – and to meet you all! Signed up for the June 20th Grand Adventurer a few days ago, and this is all feeling unreal. This’ll be my first time venturing into the Southern Hemisphere! :D

• 14 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Hey Anarosa , its great to meet you we are all going to have an awesome Time !!

• 15 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Hey Anarosa,
    This trip is going to be awesome. Remember, it’s totally different seasons down there, so for people like us, we are going from HOT to chilly.

• 15 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Welcome to the group Anarosa,
    And yea this opposite weather thing will be different. Not gonna lie though it will be nice escaping from the 100 degree heat and humidity here in Arkansas.

• 18 May 2012 Stacey said

Stacey

Hey guys! I have a feeling my scenic southern tour is going to link in with you when you get to wellington! :)
    Hopefully it does! You all seem like a fun bunch :D

• 18 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Hey travel_bug. I’m pretty sure you’re right about us meeting up somewhere along the way on our tours. Get excited, cause I think they trip is going to be awesome. I’m looking forward to meeting you and everyone else.

• 18 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Only 26 days til I’m on my way

• 19 May 2012 Stacey said

Stacey

it is fairly exciting! will be good :) My name is Stacey by the way! happy that i found some people on the trip haha. Both me and my boyfriend will be on it so guess we’ll see you all there!

• 20 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Hey everyone, I knew a few of you were interested on finding out when we were getting our packets…I talked with contiki today and they said they have been mailed and everyone should be getting them sometime this week if you already havent! Hope everyone’s getting pumped cause he trip is not far away now!!!

• 20 May 2012 zoe said

zoe

Hi everyone, a friend of mine has just come back from nz and just to let u know it’s gonna be pretty cold, like 10-13 degrees and have been advised that u will less likely need shorts and t shirts. It’s freezing in melb atm which is where I am from so will be colder over there. But on the bright side we may see snow :)

• 20 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Recieved my contiki pack earlier in the week , now it’s starting to feel real. It’s definitely going to be cold over there but I think a couple of pairs of shorts will be the way I go just to relax in. Although 10-13 degrees is tropical compared to where I’m at we have already had a bit of snow this year haha

• 20 May 2012 ThereseGrennard said

Default_avatar

So what does these packs contain? I’ve already left home and is on my way to oz and then nz and therefore will not receive my pack.. Are there essential items for the trip? Ive already checked in online and got an email with a confirmation that the customer service said was the only ticket I need, but am I missing out on useful information and such? And is Melbourne freezing? I’ll land there in 3 days and Ive just gotten used to the sudden summer that hit London!

• 20 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

It has some info in it like optional activities , where we are staying with phone numbers and addresses , not really anything you desperately need but it is handy.

• 20 May 2012 zoe said

zoe

Um melb is pretty cold at night and so so doing the day providing is not raining or 4 seasons in one day. Its like pants and t shirt and jumper weather. Hopefully I get my pack soon as he’s has more detailed info stuff

• 20 May 2012 Ihdar said

Ihdar

Great. It’s frikken 34 deg C here. Ill need to pack extra woolies I guess.

• 20 May 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

You Aussies and your Celcius. Hahaha. 10-13 sounds horrible, but that’s because 10-13 degrees here would mean everything is frozen. After doing the conversion, thats about 52 degrees for me. Not to bad, but still makes being out on the water sound pretty miserable.

• 20 May 2012 zoe said

zoe

Yeah it’s cold for us here but when I was in uk weather I was rugged up all Fay and when I did wear shorts and t shirt over there people looked at me weird. Spose the wqaether could be worse… Snowing everyday except only good in queenstown. Less than a month to go….. :) :)

• 21 May 2012 Stacey said

Stacey

at the minute its like ice in Melbourne ! today was really cold! same as yesterday.. so i’d suggest rugging up when you get to the airport :)

• 24 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Hey, Is anyone booking excursions already or is that something that may be easier to do when we get there?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.