Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer- June 16-July 3rd anybody???

18 Mar 2012 Capsfan811 asked

Capsfan811

Hey guys, I'm Alex.
I signed up for the Grand Explorer that starts on the 18th of June but technically on the 16th for me, cause those are my travel days. We start of in Auckland and end in Christchurch. I was hoping to meet some people on here before we all meet in NZ. I'm ready for an awesome time and hope you all are as well.

• 24 May 2012 a.par said

a.par

Re: temperature – thanks for the reminder! On the sweltering days I tell myself I wouldn’t mind the NZ winter, but I hope it doesn’t get too cold! Canadian winters have done nothing to improve my (weak) resistance to chilly nights, haha.

In response to you, Richard, I was planning on booking maybe a couple of things online. Some of the optionals are cheaper when you book them in advance and online – for example, the Waitomo caves tour. But I’m still undecided about it.

• 27 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Thanks for the info Anarosa! I may reserve one like bungee jumping before I go and then wait until I arrive to plan any other ones!

• 28 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Anyone booked an excursion already? Im trying to book the cave rafting, and thebungee jumping in queenstown but im not sure whether I need to do that through the bungee company itself or if I can do it through Contiki somehow? Anyone give me some advice?

• 28 May 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

I’m just waiting and doing it all through contiki, I think I’d rather do them with everybody else rather than just go off by myself

• 29 May 2012 RichardB84 said

RichardB84

Alright cool, that sounds better to me as well. Thanks for the advice Andy.

• 5 Jun 2012 Capsfan811 said

Capsfan811

Well guys, in less than two weeks we are all going to be meeting up. I don’t know about yall, but I’m pretty stoked to be traveling on the complete other side of the world. This trip is going to be epic. Hope everyones ready for an adrenaline packed 18 days.

• 9 Jun 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

1week from now I’ll be relaxing in Auckland , wow it’s come around quickly !

• 11 Jun 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

farrrkkkk yeah, a week to go!! whos keen….yall better get ur drinking shoes on!!

• 11 Jun 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

I’m well prepared jake. , been in training haha

• 15 Jun 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

Just about to Fly out , catch you all in a couple of days !!!

• 19 Jun 2012 jakeadelaide said

jakeadelaide

Im up havin a beer if anyones here and wants to say gday if not ill see yas all in the morning!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.