Community_discussions_small  

Question

Peru Uncovered June 23, 2012

18 Mar 2012 mandyland asked

mandyland

I will be on this tour and I am getting into Lima fairly late in the evening on the 22nd...is anyone else on this tour going to be arriving late on the 22nd? Maybe we can catch up at the airport and share a ride to the hotel. I get in around 10:30pm.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this trip and can't wait to meet everyone else.

• 20 Mar 2012 TBryHoff said

TBryHoff

I am doing this trip in July and looked into this as I was originally planning on taking a flight that would arrive past 11pm and heard the taxi situation can be a little risky if you do not know what you are doing. I decided to take an overnight flight instead that gets me in early in the morning instead so I have not asked Contiki this yet, nor have I tried contacting the hotel, but Contiki told me the Lima hotel we stay at is Hotel Girasol. Looking at the hotel website, their rates include airport transfer (apparently a lot of hotels will do this and have the driver greet you in the airport). I would look into this if I were you, otherwise do some general searches online for transportation late. You definitely need to make sure you get in the official taxis and establish the rate they will charge you to get to the hotel before getting in. Also I saw someone suggest going to the Departure terminal drop off and see if you can find a taxi that has just dropped someone off at the airport. That way you can be sure they are reliable and usually the rate will be cheaper because they would otherwise just be driving back into the city and missing out on a fare. Good luck and have a great time! I’m very excited as well.

• 7 Apr 2012 Amy said

Amy

I would recommend pre booking a transfer if you’re getting in at 10.30, try Octopus travel – you can get a non English speaking driver for around $30 or English speaking driver for $50. They will meet you at arrivals with a sign. Slighty more expenisve than a taxi but a lot safer.

• 27 Sep 2013 Roshan said

Default_avatar

Hi Mandyland,

How was the peru uncovered tour?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.