Community_discussions_small  

Question

WIFI availability in Italy?

19 Mar 2012 Explorer1242737 asked

Explorer1242737

I am going on the simply Italy trip in May and I want to take my phone to check my facebook and emails. I want to use wifi instead of paying my mobile company a lot of money. Is there wifi excessible, are there internet cafes or wifi in hotels?

• 20 Mar 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I went through Italy on the winter wanderer tour (Florence, Rome and Venice) and it was the longest period of time I went WITHOUT wifi :( The hotel in Venice had it but you had to pay (not much from memory) for it. I didn’t look for internet cafes though, you might find a few of them around??

• 22 Mar 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

pretty much all hotel in italy will have WIFI access you may need to obtain a password from the hotel to access the WIFI sever

• 23 Mar 2012 l.hauri said

Default_avatar

you will have WIFI on the beach, too.

• 26 Mar 2012 interface2x said

interface2x

I used the wifi in the hotels most of the time. Most of them had it for free but one or two charged for it. Our Milan hotel would only give you a password that was good for 30 minutes and then you had to go get another one. But I was able to get online with my phone most nights.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion