Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern - LA to NY (13 Dec - 7th Jan)

20 Mar 2012 Aussie_adventurer asked

Default_avatar

Hey fellow travellers,
I'm heading out to the USA on the grand southern. Just wondering who else might be going on this trip?

• 23 Apr 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

hey im currently tossing up between dates .. thinking about going on either the tours that start in nov on the 8th or 22nd or this one .. unsure yet but will be one of them!! have you booked yet?

• 26 Apr 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

considering the one leaving 22nd nov too =)

• 26 Apr 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

Yeah I’m probably leaning towards the 22nd Aswell … Apparently its filling up quick tho might book it over the next couple of days haha

• 27 Apr 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

yeah i rang early this morning to book and they said that it was at least 80% booked out so i reserved 3 spots and apparently they have to send the request to contiki usa because there might not be 3 spots left! freaking out! it’s the only date i can do!!!

• 27 Apr 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

That sucks! I hope you get them! I’m lucky because i change work around whichever date .. I’m just not too sure I want to be away for Christmas but I definitely want to do it in winter!! Let me know how you go!

• 27 Apr 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

I hope I get them too!!! I’ve already booked NYC for Christmas, so this one, arriving in NYC on the 17th is perfect. Gives me enough time to head to Toronto for a few days then come back down to meet my family.

I can’t even do the one two weeks earlier because Uni exams are still on then! =(

If I don’t get on this one, I think I’ll be booking Intrepid.

• 30 Apr 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Didn’t get on the 22nd, but have decided to do the reverse, departing NYC on the 23rd!

• 30 Apr 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

That’s good!! Im probably going to skip Christmas and do the jan 10 one! Glad you still get to go at the same time tho ;) Are you going to go back to NY for Christmas still?

• 1 May 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

Of course! That was my original plan, any tour had to fit around that =p Plus, I’m heading over to Europe after so it still works.

• 1 May 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

Sounds awesome!! Where abouts in Europe? Im going to the uk for about 6 months after the contiki so I figure it’ll keep mum happy if I stay until after Christmas .. Dont really know what I’m gonna do there but I have lots of family and friends to stay with while there so that’s a plus! Hahah

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 2 years

This question was posted about almost 3 years ago. It has been discussed 10 times.

5 people are following this discussion.

• Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • chloelouise20
  • Default_avatar
  • Emma

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.