Community_discussions_small  

Question

Greek Island Hopping - 16th August 2012

21 Mar 2012 beckylou1988 asked

Default_avatar

Hi!

Is anyone going on this trip? I've booked and would love to start chatting to people before going. Might need to start stocking up on the sun cream already - can't believe how hot it gets in Greece in August!

Becky
x

• 29 Mar 2012 Steph89 said

Default_avatar

Hey Becky,
    I’ve booked this trip as well, can’t wait! We’re definitely going to need sunscreen.
    It’s going to be so nice skipping winter in Australia to have summer in Europe!
    Steph

• 29 Mar 2012 beckylou1988 said

Default_avatar

Hi Steph,

Yay – I’m glad someone else is going on this trip! I’m from the UK and it will be our summer too although that never really means anything! Are you travelling with friends or by yourself? I’m excited too – I’ve already bought a few bikinis as it’s been a while since my last summer holiday.

Becky

• 30 Mar 2012 GinoPeps said

GinoPeps

It’s not the heat it’s the humility

• 30 Mar 2012 Steph89 said

Default_avatar

I don’t think it’s that humid, but it’s relative, depends what you compare it to.

Becky, I’m traveling by myself but meeting friends in Belgium for a week before being on my own for the rest of my trip. Are you doing any other travel, or just this tour?

• 30 Mar 2012 beckylou1988 said

Default_avatar

I’m just doing the tour. Never travelled by myself before. I was thinking of doing a USA tour but I thought Greece was a good taster for me since it’s only a 4 hour flight for me. Have you travelled by yourself before? Where else are you going apart from Belgium and Greece?

• 31 Mar 2012 Steph89 said

Default_avatar

You’re so lucky, only 4 hours! It takes over 20 hours from here. I haven’t travelled by myself before either so it’ll be interesting. After Belgium I’m doing the European Encounter tour starting in Amsterdam and finishing in Paris then I’ll have a week free before the Greece tour so I’m away for 7 weeks all up. Such a good break from work!

• 4 Jun 2012 Reka803 said

Reka803

Hey ya’ll my name is Reka from CT USA. Nice to meet you. My Greek Island Hopping starts the July 29 and goes into August so I wont be part of the group but I have done 3 Contiki’s already Simply Italy is my fave a must see and you meet friends for life so if you have any questions let me know besides the country I know how the tours work, take care Reka;

• 5 Jun 2012 Malloryh said

Default_avatar

Hi Steph & Becky – I am on the Aug 18th Greek Island Hopping, I think it’s the same one? Coming from Vancouver, Canada. I am flying in a day early and would love to meet up before the tour if anyone is available.

• 10 Jun 2012 Jen1226 said

Jen1226

Hi Mallory, Steph & Becky,

I am also on the Aug 18th one, coming from Boston, MA USA. I am arriving in Greece in the morning on August 19th, so if any of you are around before the tour actually begins I would love to meet up as well. I can’t believe its only about 2 months away!

Jen

• 11 Jun 2012 MichelleF said

Default_avatar

Hello there :-) i’m doing the greek island hopping tour starting august 16th also! I’m from australia and travelling by myself also, it’s nice to hear there are others like me :-) i will also have to stock up on sun cream haha!
    Michelle

• 12 Jun 2012 mcren33 said

mcren33

Hey Everyone,
    I am on this tour as well traveling from NY, USA. This is my first time to Europe and my first time traveling solo. I am arriving in Athens a few days before the tour starts if anyone wants to meet up. So excited !
    Michelle

• 14 Jun 2012 MichelleF said

Default_avatar

I would love to meet up before the tour starts and see some friendly faces lol :-D I arrive the day before on the 15th before the tour starts :-)

• 15 Jun 2012 Steph89 said

Default_avatar

Hi girls,

I’d like to meet up with you all before the tour starts but I only arrive in Athens on the evening of the 16th so I’ll meet you all on the first night.

Steph

• 14 Jul 2012 Steffie_Melbourne said

Steffie_Melbourne

Hi!
    It sounds like there will be a lot of us aussies on this trip! Are any of you from melbourne?
    Im looking forward to getting out of this freezing cold weather!

• 14 Jul 2012 MichelleF said

Default_avatar

It does doesn’t it! :-D i’m from Adelaide and I too am looking forward to leaving behind the rain and the freezing cold for the lovely sunshine! It’s not long now!!

• 21 Jul 2012 George_Toronto said

Default_avatar

I’m on this tour too and going solo, can’t wait to island hop! lol

• 21 Jul 2012 Stephanie said

Stephanie

Hey guys!! I’m doing August 18th as well! Excited!

• 21 Jul 2012 Stephanie said

Stephanie

And solo :)

• 25 Jul 2012 Tory said

Tory

Hey all! I am on the August 16th tour as well! Flying in from Canada a few days early with a friend. Would love to meet up with anyone beforehand though. I have been on one contiki before and loved it, so here I am for a second time. Looking forwards to exploring the Greek Islands with everyone! :)

• 2 Aug 2012 GaryTango said

GaryTango

Hello,
    Im doing August 15th. I guess ill see yall around the neighborhood !
    Gary from Montreal

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion