Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mediterranean Highlights (Start Rome) Sept 9 2012?

26 Mar 2012 Angie87 asked

Angie87

Hello! I'm thinking of booking the Mediterranean Highlights tour for september, has anyone been on this tour? I haven't been able to find many reviews for it and since it'll be my first trip to europe and solo and with Contiki I can't seem to make up my mind about it. Any advice?
I'm wondering how much spending money I would be needing and what the weather will be like during september. Can anyone share their experience on it?

Thank you!

• 9 Apr 2012 Angie87 said

Angie87

Anyways… I did end up signing up for this tour for september 9th 2012. :) I know we’re still plenty of months away but please let me know if anyone else is going on the same one!

• 9 Apr 2012 Jamie said

Jamie

Hi! This is my first trip with Contiki as well! I’m actually going as a bday gift for myself! But anyways I’m so excited you wrote something I’ve been waiting for months to meet at least one person going on my trip. So to answer your question about how much money to bring …. It’s about 50 to 100 a day. It just depends on how you spend money… I hope this helps! Talk to you soon!

• 9 Apr 2012 robertpm23 said

robertpm23

Hi, I am booked on this tour as well! To answer your question, Jamie2012 is absolutely correct, it all depends on your spending habits. On my last tour, a lot of people did the optional excursions and they were pretty fun, so looking at those might help a little in deciding how much to bring (I think if you do all of the excursions it’s €261.50). This will be my second round with Contiki and I am very excited!

• 9 Apr 2012 Jamie said

Jamie

Anyone else going???

• 13 Apr 2012 Angie87 said

Angie87

Hey! I’m happy to finally see other people that are going! And thanks for your replies, i’ve decided i’m going to go on an extreme austerity plan from now until September so i can spend comfortably :) lol

• 15 Mar 2013 amytalks718 said

amytalks718

Hi my name is Amy. I am actually looking into booking this tour. I just wanted to check out some reviews but like Angie I haven’t found any yet and thsi is my first Contiki Tour also.
    But I did notice on the backwards tour – same tour just starts in Madrid, almost all of them are full and a few of this same trip is full as well but not as many as the other just yet.

• 15 Mar 2013 amytalks718 said

amytalks718

My apologies, I am planning for the Meditarrian Trip starting in Rome for the Sept 2013 trip – I just noticed the dates of your posts – did you like the tour was it worth going?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.