Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going on European Experience 19th July??

27 Mar 2012 jessa_8700 asked

jessa_8700

Hi All,

I am a lone traveller on the July 19 departure of European Experience.

Anyone else out there going on this trip??

My flights are booked and leave approved, so starting to get excited now!

Can't wait to go to France and Italy in particular!

• 10 Apr 2012 Adam said

Adam

Hey there. I’ve just signed up on this forum. I’m also a lone traveller, first time though actually. I;ll be there! Getting very excited for this. I’m spending an extra day in London before and after the tour though. Looking forward to this allot. So keen for Italy and the netherlands toward the end.

Nice to meet you & see you there :)

• 18 Apr 2012 Linus said

Linus

hey im also going on this one.

I’m from South Africa, it’s gonna be my first time in Europe so I’m way too excited.

where are you guys from?

my mates call me Linus btw.

• 19 Apr 2012 Adam said

Adam

Hey Linus. I’m Adam from Sydney, Australia. It’s my first time overseas so not only am i excited, but also nervous haha.

See you abroad! :)

• 19 Apr 2012 jessa_8700 said

jessa_8700

Hi Guys!

My name is Jess, and I am from Melbourne, Australia. I have been overseas before, but this is my first time travelling alone, so I am nervous too! It’s good to know that I will know at least two names on my tour!

I will be in London the day before and after the tour too, looking forward to seeing a little bit of London in all of it’s Olympic excitement!

See you guys in London!

• 24 Apr 2012 Linus said

Linus

Awesome! My brother decided to join me so we’re gonna hit this thing hard!

have either of you been to South Africa before?

• 2 May 2012 Courtney said

Courtney

Hi!

My name’s Courtney, and I’m from New Zealand. I’m so glad I found this!
    I’m going on this tour and going alone as well although I’ll be starting in Paris not London.
    Very excited about meeting everyone!
    All the best for your travels

• 2 May 2012 jessa_8700 said

jessa_8700

Hi Guys,

Welcome to the tour forum Courtney! Nice to see some more people coming along, can’t wait to meet our group!

Linus – never been to South Africa, but it is definitely on the wish list for one day! Great news that your brother is coming along too.

The countdown is definitely on now, can’t wait to have a whole month off work! Only 76 days til I leave, haha!

What are you guys looking forward to the most?? I have never seen France before, so that will be amazing, looking forward to some of the adventure sports in Austrian Tyrol too!

• 2 May 2012 Courtney said

Courtney

Hey,

I’m looking forward to Amsterdam and I cannot wait to see Italy and stay in Swizterland! Because my boyfriend is from France we are staying with his family for 2 weeks before the tour but I am looking forward to seeing more of France! And I’m saving to do all the extras because they sound amazing!

I’m sooo glad I’m not the only one that is counting down as well! Only 41 days until I start my travels.

Has anyone been to NZ before?

• 3 May 2012 Linus said

Linus

No, but NZ from what i hear is gorgeous. definately keen on going there!

Paris is what I’m keen on! Can’t wait to get on top of that tower :)

• 3 May 2012 Adam said

Adam

My Father was born in NZ however I’m from Sydney Australia. Never been over there but have family in Napier.

I’m very exicted for Amsterdam (guess why ;p) but am looking forward to the experiences in between.
    I’ll be at the Royal National hotel of London in Bedford one day before and one day after the tour. Apparently that hotel is our metting point for those of us starting in London. Jess, are you doing the same?

Oh & I think it;s safe to say that I’m the youngest on the tour haha. If anyone on here wants to get to know me a bit better before we start our travels (yes, I’m also counting down), feel free to add me on Facebook. Should be able to find it on my profile.

;-)

• 4 May 2012 jessa_8700 said

jessa_8700

Hi Guys,

I have been to NZ a few times and loved it! My grandma was actually born in Hamilton, so have been to see her family a few times. Spent a fair bit of time skiing out of Queenstown too, best place in the world I reckon!

Adam, I am getting put up by work for the first night in a hotel just around the corner from the Royal National, but will be staying there the two nights after the tour, so at least you and I will know each other! Sure that others from the tour will be too. I will be going to the briefing at Royal National the night before the tour starts though, so probably see you there. Linus, are you and your brother there the night before too?? Courtney, we will have to catch you on Day 2 in Paris!

Gotta start saving properly now, final payment is nearly due, and I am so keen on most of the optional activities, and of course, the night time drinks! Have heard differing opinions on the Jungfrau Mountain trip, and it’s super expensive so not sure on that one…

I won’t be the youngest on tour, hoping that I’m not the oldest, at a ripe old 25 haha.

Only 74 days for me now! :-p

• 4 May 2012 Gigi said

Gigi

Hey everyone,
    My name is Gigi and i’m from Perth WA. I’m really looking forward to contiki, it’s my first time travelling alone. i’m getting to England a little early and staying at the Royal National the night before and again after the tour, so i’ll be seeing you at the meeting, I’m so nervous all ready. I’m so glad i found this discussion board and I’m really looking forward to meet you all.
    i’m loving the count down guys, keep it going, not long to go now!

• 4 May 2012 Linus said

Linus

Hey Jess, yep we’re going to be there on the 18th and spend some time in London after the tour.

Wellcome, Gigi! great having you aboard:)

any of you keen on going to an Olympic game if we get a chance?

• 9 Jun 2012 Theresa said

Theresa

Hey hey! My names Theresa, im also a lone traveller on the tour. Im staying the night before and after in the Royal National Hotel, which seems like the place to be. I’m from Brisbane, and am so glad i found this forum as its my first time overseas and alone, but seeing there’s so many people in the same boat i cant wait! Contiki will be the best time, and agreeing with Adam above Amsterdam will be the best for sure. I am also assuming i’ll be one of the youngest there! Can’t wait to meet you all there! Only a month to go!!!!

• 13 Jun 2012 Adam said

Adam

Great to see so many people are staying at the Royal National before and after the tour like me. Will be nice to meet some people who’re first time travelers like myself. I’m excited however I’m rather nervous. Really excited to meet new people though & make friends!

Has everyone gotten their Contiki pack with all the info and what not in it? I have, and have also gotten most of my money together. ATM, I’m at a budget of 75 Euro a day. Most people tell me that that’s more than enough to live on. How’s everyone going getting things organised?

• 13 Jun 2012 jessa_8700 said

jessa_8700

Welcome Theresa, it’s great to see some more people coming along!

Adam – I got my Contiki pack yesterday, was very exciting! I’m starting to ramp up the saving now, I think I am budgeting $150 a day to be on the absolute safe side, which adds up to about 110 Euros per day at the current exchange rate. I hope I come back with change, but I do love to shop and have a few drinks of a night, so might end up spending it all!

What kind of pack is everyone bringing? I went with a duffle bag that also has wheels – I heard that there are heaps of stairs and steep hills in the Contiki campsites and that it is sometimes hard to wheel a suitcase along.

Being a girl, I am also starting to think about my packing list – can’t wait to get to the other side of the world to a nice warm summer, it is absolutely freezing in Melbourne at the moment!

Only 5 weeks to go! So excited, can’t wait to get to the Royal National and meet you all!

• 13 Jun 2012 Courtney said

Courtney

Hey guys!

Cant believe its not long to go now and good to have you coming with us Theresa!

Don’t worry about your budget Adam mines about 60 euro a day but I’ll still do all the exciting stuff!

Jess- I’m taking a suitcase but thats just because I had one already, a lot of my friends took ones like your describing and they said they were pretty good.

I’m flying out tomorrow morning to start my trip so I shall see you all in Paris in 5 weeks time!

Just incase I don’t make it back on here before everyone leaves, safe travels everyone and cannot wait to meet you all!!

• 13 Jun 2012 Theresa said

Theresa

Thanks Jess and Courtney,
    I got my contiki pack last week, which was so helpful and exciting. Money wise, im going for a lot longer than just the contiki so I’m budgeting with probably 60-70 eu a day. Or attempting to at the very least, shopping will definatly be my downfall.
    I really wanted to get a dufflebag, or a giant backpack, but i did get a large suitcase and thinking about it now i should have gone for another option. I think your right and that there will be many situations where a suitcase just isnt as conveiniant. But yeah, im kind of having to think of my trip as a whole and for the rest of my adventures i thought the suitcase would be more appropriate.
    What card are people using for their travel? Im using a multi-currency mastercard. If anyone else is using that card and has already applied, how long is the process roughly?

Have an amazing time Courtney!
    Safe travel to you too, and see you soon.

• 13 Jun 2012 jessa_8700 said

jessa_8700

So exciting that you’re heading off tomorrow Courtney! Safe travels!

I’m sure I would have been fine with my suitcase (even though it’s enormous :-P), but it’s really good to know your friends had good experiences with their bags like mine!

Have a great time in France, so jealous you’re off tomorrow, I am counting down the days! 34 to go for me!

• 13 Jun 2012 Theresa said

Theresa

Thanks Courtney!
    Have an amazing trip and safe travels to you to!
    See you quite soon ;)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion