Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Traveller! europe summer? or europe winter??

30 Mar 2009 Belinda asked

Default_avatar
hi, i was hoping to go on tour for new years and xmas, but is it worth travelling to europe in winter or should i go in summer?
i want to go for about 3 weeks and visit as many countries as possible but still have a relaxing time. any tips?
thanks belinda Smiler
  • 30 Mar 2009 TravellingLiz said

TravellingLiz

I did the European Inspiration in Novemeber 2008.
    Great tour – 19 days, 2 nights everywhere.
    Also, being winter, it’s not as busy.

• 31 Mar 2009 Lynsey722 said

Default_avatar

I really enjoyed going in the winter, with the exception of the cold…but if you wear enough layers you will be fine! My trip was also over new years and we had a blast.

You can check out more details on my Europe trip and advice for going in the winter on my blog at:

www.lynseystravels.blogspot.com

Let me know if you have any more questions!

• 15 Apr 2009 Elyce22 said

Default_avatar

i have just booked the European Vista starting 5th December.
    what are the main items of clothing you recomned taking to keep me the warmest? i’m only small so cant carry a big bag. haha

thanks

• 18 Apr 2009 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Try to skip July and August. You’ll avoid the mad tourist rush.

• 21 Apr 2009 Niki said

Niki

I go every year and I’m a big fan of Europe in the spring. However if you are only choosing between summer and winter I’d go winter.

Europe in the summer is a mad tourist frenzy that I would avoid if possible. I went once in the summer, simply for the fact that my cousin was getting married. While it was still ok, it really wasn’t my favourite trip. Everything just seemed packed with people more so than normal and for me it just seemed to make the experience… well, less authentic I suppose would be the best way to describe it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.