Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Experience 10 September 2012

29 Mar 2012 Daniel_Ben asked

Daniel_Ben

Hey! I am doing a European Experience tour that starts on September 10 2012 with 3 mates.
Just wondering who else is doing that tour?

• 15 Jun 2012 Daniel_Ben said

Daniel_Ben

Hey Chris, awesome!
    Most contiki’ers book into the Royal National Hotel in London before and after the tours so maybe look into that…I was told that the September 10 tour includes a night in Munich for Oktoberfest (there is a calender difference allowing the festival to commence in September)

• 10 Jul 2012 Will said

Will

Hey guys! Me and two other mates are changing from the 8th to the 10th now.
    We are planning on staying at a backpackers up until the 7th, and then at the Royal National for 2 nights before the mayhem begins.

Definitely keen to have a beer before the contiki!

• 16 Jul 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Heya. Stoked to have finally found some faces who will be on the tour :). Me and my mate r coming over frm NZ. Gonna be in the uk for a while b4….might have to join ya for that beer b4 the tour starts!

• 16 Jul 2012 Daniel_Ben said

Daniel_Ben

Sweet as, looks like its gonna be quite the Anzac gathering haha :P
    Can’t wait SO EXCITED!!

• 17 Jul 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

hey guys, because I commented on this earlier I keep getting notifications about it lol so I saw you were talking about Oktoberfest. I am doing European Contrasts which will be in Munich during Oktoberfest.. however if you are expecting Contiki to take you into a beer tent, think again. They only drive you to the festival and then you will be left to wander yourself. They don’t book you into a specific tent, you only have the option to sit in the beer gardens which apparently fill first thing each morning. A group of people and I from my tour have booked a table at a tent ourselves so we can have what we think of as the proper Oktoberfest experience. Just thought I’d let you know as you may be keen to look into something yourself :)

• 18 Jul 2012 Daniel_Ben said

Daniel_Ben

Hi Kelly! Hmmm It may definitely be worth a booking aye, cheers for the heads up :) I may propose in the meeting room. I have been sent the optional and planned itinerary for our tour and on the night we are in Munich we apparently have the option of going to an organised night at a Munich beer hall to drink it up and watch yodellers and the like

• 18 Jul 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

my tour has that option too but the contiki facebook page told me we wont be offered that option and instead will be taken to the oktoberfest venue. anyways up to you guys, just thought id let you know :)

• 19 Jul 2012 Leigh92 said

Leigh92

we should probably sus it out and see what happens, if not we should look into booking a table.

• 30 Jul 2012 Alex1993 said

Alex1993

Hey guys!! I’m Alex, going on this tour that’s leaving on the 10th September. I’m sooooo excited, can’t wait!! Will have to meet up before the tour starts for sure and have lots of beer.
    See you all soon!! :)

• 14 Aug 2012 Josh said

Default_avatar

Hey
    Is the tour on the 10th still on or did it get cancelled? Because it doesn’t show up online

• 15 Aug 2012 Daniel_Ben said

Daniel_Ben

Hi Josh, as far as I am aware the tour is still going ahead…I think that we all had to be paid up by 27 July, so that might explain why the tour is no longer visible online.

• 15 Aug 2012 Josh said

Default_avatar

ok so it must be full then?

• 18 Aug 2012 Oliver said

Oliver

I’m an 18 year old american going on this trip solo. Im arriving in london on the 27th. if anyone is going to be out there before or after the trip please let me know. any good/cheap hostels you guys know of?

• 19 Aug 2012 Daniel_Ben said

Daniel_Ben

Josh, chances are it is mate :/

Oliver, most of us are staying at the Royal National in London, maybe have a wee squiz with your contiki agent about staying there

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion