Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Question about London theatre tickets

5 Jun 2009 Netopalis said

Default_avatar
Hello!
I'm doing the Check Out London tour a few days before my main Contiki, and I had a question about the included theatre tickets. I was hoping to use the voucher for a play on the evening of my arrival - would it be prudent to call ahead and have them arrange this in advance, or would the Basement be able to accommodate my request on such short notice?

-Netopalis
  • 6 Jun 2009 Kristen429 said

Kristen429

I did this package 3 weeks ago for before my tour, so here’s the deal: The Contiki basement doesn’t actually have the tickets to the plays. You’re given a voucher and a list of plays that you can use it with, as well as the phone numbers to the box offices. You call the respective box office to see if they have tickets available, this doesn’t reserve a ticket for you, they only check to see if they have them. You then go to the box office to pick up your ticket before the show (the sooner you pick them up, the better).

Depending on the show and what time you arrive, you shouldn’t have a problem getting your tickets. Since I was in the Covent Garden area anyway the day I wanted to see the show, I dropped by the box office around noon to see if any tickets were available and then got my ticket at the same time (and great seats to boot). Good luck!

• 8 Jun 2009 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I am doing this package in a few weeks. I was wondering is you remembered what some of the shows you could use the voucher for or what show you saw?

• 9 Jun 2009 Kristen429 said

Kristen429

I went and saw Spring Awakening, which was fantastic. I’d been listening to the soundtrack for over a year and that was my first time seeing it. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure its run has ended. I think it only had another week left when I went and saw it.

I don’t remember much about the other shows, other than Les Miserables being on the list. I think maybe Grease too? You had the choice of about 8 – 10 shows. I looked to see if I still had the voucher flyer in my stuff, but I couldn’t find it. If I happen to stumble across it, I’ll be sure to post on here with what was on the list.

• 9 Jun 2009 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Thanks It’s good to know you get a choice of 8-10 different shows.

• 15 Jun 2009 Aoi-Ninja said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kristen429:
    I went and saw Spring Awakening, which was fantastic. I’d been listening to the soundtrack for over a year and that was my first time seeing it. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure its run has ended. I think it only had another week left when I went and saw it.

I don’t remember much about the other shows, other than Les Miserables being on the list. I think maybe Grease too? You had the choice of about 8 – 10 shows. I looked to see if I still had the voucher flyer in my stuff, but I couldn’t find it. If I happen to stumble across it, I’ll be sure to post on here with what was on the list.

Wow, I saw Spring Awaken here in California, it really was a wonderful show, but I had no idea it went as far a London. I own the soundtrack too, and I know what you mean. I’m really looking forward to my trip to London next year. I wonder what plays will be waiting for me.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.