Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt and the Nile July 7, 2012?

1 Apr 2012 Airrie asked

Airrie

I just got signed up for the Egypt and the Nile Trip for July 7, 2012, I was wondering who else is singed up for this trip?

• 8 Apr 2012 Charissa said

Charissa

Hey! Myself and my best friend are going on this trip too. Can’t wait!

By the way, I saw you posted in that other Egypt discussion. I think the tour ends at around 8am on the last day and includes breakfast. I wanted to go on a day trip to Alexandria on the last day and other people have said that their tour manager (Sherif) organised it for them, and that the hotel packed their breakfast to go. So I’m hoping to be able to do that. What day trip did you have planned?

• 8 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

I heard about the optional one but my tour agent said I would have to book that myself, but I’m not sure if that is true. Have you started trying to book your day trip? I was looking at going to Alexandria or seeing Sakkara and Memphis. I don’t know if I want to see a new city or see more pyramids. Have you talked to anyone else on this trip?

• 8 Apr 2012 Charissa said

Charissa

No I haven’t done anything about the day trip, I figured I’d just wing it when I get there.
    I haven’t heard of anyone else going on this trip yet. I’ve been keeping an eye out on the discussion board and you were the first person to post about it haha. Are you travelling alone? My friend Jacqui is coming with me as well.
    What day are you arriving in Cairo?

• 8 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

I kinda of wanted to book the additional tour in advance, but I also wanted to find some people to do the extra tour with to save on price. I hadn’t seen any one mention this one do I started the this thread. I am traveling alone. I get to Cairo on the 7 and leave the 15. How about you and your friend?

• 9 Apr 2012 Charissa said

Charissa

Yeah, same. 7th-15th, although my friend is arriving a day earlier. And then we’re off to Spain on the 15th.
    I hope some other people join this thread. I seriously can’t wait for this trip. Except for the overnight train ride which I hear is a nightmare!

• 9 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

I’m so ready for this trip, I wish it was sooner!! I really hope to hear from some more people on our trip. I heard if you drink and have fun on the train its not to bad.

• 9 Apr 2012 Charissa said

Charissa

Haha I know, it seems so far away! Do you know if it’s a definite departure? I think it has to be like two-thirds booked or something like that for them to go ahead with it. I know contiki are notorious for cancelling tours, which makes me a bit hesitant to book other travel things. Egypt is my first stop on 3 months of travelling.

• 9 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

Yes it is a definite departure, I wouldn’t of booked it if it was not. Where else are you travleing? Egypt will be my last stop after about a month of traveling.

• 15 Apr 2012 Charissa said

Charissa

Going through western europe, plus 10 days in St Lucia (Caribbean). What about yourself?
    I was looking up about some of the day trips and now I’m really undecided about whether I’d rather go to Alexandria or Memphis/Sakkara. The one thing putting me off about Alexandria is the long travel time.

• 15 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

I’m doing the European Explorer trip before Egypt. Those are the two trips I’m deciding between also. I would really like to see Alexandria but at the same time seeing more pyramids would be awesome, I’m so torn. I’m leaning towards Memphis and Sakkara because that would leave more time to check out Cairo.

• 25 Apr 2012 Clare said

Clare

Hey guys, my name’s Clare and I’m looking at doing this tour. I just need to sort some stuff out at work and put in my holidays, and then I’ll book :) I’m flying in on the 7th in the morning, so feel free to catch up during the day if you want. I haven’t quite decided what I’m doing after the tour, but I may need to fly out on the 14th, but if not I’m keen to join you guys on a day tour. I’m from Sydney, Australia by the way. Where are you guys from?

• 25 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

Good to hear from you Clare! I hope you can book this trip, it sounds so amazing. I’m so excited for it! I’m from Colorado, USA. I still havn’t decided my day tour, which one would you like? Alexandria or Sakkara and memphis?

Airrie

Good to hear from you Clare! I hope you can book this trip, it sounds so amazing. I’m so excited for it! I’m from Colorado, USA. I still havn’t decided my day tour, which one would you like? Alexandria or Sakkara and memphis?

Airrie

• 26 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

I booked a day trip to Alexandria on the 14th with Memphis tours, and am trying to fit a day trip on the 15th to Memphis and Sakkara. I don’t leave till 4:30pm on the 15th. If anyone else wants to join, that would be so amazing!!!

• 28 Apr 2012 Tegan said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    My names Tegan and I just booked today for this trip! I’m very excited and can’t wait! Has anyone been to Egypt before? Any advice on travelling there?

• 28 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

I have never been to Egypt before. Have you? There is good dicussion from a guy that did this trip and it really gives a lot of good advice and info on this trip.

• 30 Apr 2012 Clare said

Clare

I’m keen for the Alexander trip on the 14th, do you know what time we get back to the hotel though? I need to know before I book my flight :)

• 30 Apr 2012 Airrie said

Airrie

I do not know the exact time but it is a 11 or 12 hour trip, I think we leave at 7 or 8am

• 30 Apr 2012 Charissa said

Charissa

Hi Clare and Tegan! Good to have you on the trip :) I’m from Melbourne.

Airrie, I think I’ve made up my mind about what I want to do in terms of daytrips. I arrive in the morning of the 7th so I think I’ll head up to Alexandria (not with a tour), and spend a few hours there before we have the meet-up at the hotel.

As for the day on the 14th, I’m keen to get an early morning flight (1 hour) to Sharm el Sheikh and spend the day snorkelling in the sea, and then quad biking in the desert over sunset! Then catch a late flight back to Cairo. It sounds too good for me to pass up. Just have to get my friend to agree to it haha.

If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll send you some links!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.