Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Packing/Luggage/Buying Stuff over there.

3 May 2009 Explorer1133862 said

Default_avatar
Okay. I really need someone to help me clear things up. I can only take one piece of luggage, a carry on (backpack) and my purse? Does the carry on stay on the bus when we go around places during the day? Also, What if i buy a lot and go over my weight limit for my luggage on the way back? SHoudl i deliberately underpack so i dont run into this problem....Please tell me what you did Smiler THANKS LOVES I really appreciate any input
  • 4 May 2009 Chelsea1013 said

Chelsea1013

You can have one piece of luggage, a backpack, and a purse. I have heard that they only weigh your bag when you first depart, and not on your way back.

• 5 May 2009 said

Default_avatar

Pack your suitcase, then take half of what you put in out. You can find some really well put together packing lists in these forums both posted in threads(use the search feature) or in a few peoples signatures.

When touring the only time your Luggage is on the bus is when traveling from one Hotel to the next. So your Luggage is normally in the Hotel room. You can decided if you want to bring your Backpack with you when you go out and about, or you could leave it back at the Hotel, its all up to you. I would suggest if you plan to carry your backpack with you daily, that you don’t bother with the purse, its really un-needed if you have a pack to store everything.

Weight as said above only matters for flights and on the first day. If you end up buying a lot and overpacking your bag, the only people who will care is you when you show up to the Hotel and do not feel like waiting for the lift. The Airline might have issue also depending on your bags weight.

• 6 May 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

You can always leave stuff on the bus (unless your driver asks that everything is taken off so they can clean).

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.