Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Shoes in Europe's Autumn/Winter

25 Aug 2008 Megan0870 said

Default_avatar
Hi,

Need to know what kind of footware the girls were wearing in Europe in their Autumn & Winter. Thats the time I'm going and I really have no clue.

I'm going to be there October & November.

Any help would be great Smiler

Megz
  • 25 Aug 2008 Explorer1110499 said

Default_avatar

I’m really keen to know this also. I was thinking flat, leather boots but I’m not sure how well these would hold together in the rain/snow.

• 26 Aug 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD

I’m taking 3 pairs, 2 waterproof. I’d hate for one to get so wet I won’t have dry feet for days. Converse/sneaker style shoes for long walking and bus days. Flat, calf height black leather boots for wet days/nights. Nice ballet flats for all occassions(these are light and take up pretty much no room so I’m wondering if I should count them as a pair haha). I’m considering wedges for going out too if its not to excessive but I’m sure if I need something like that I can buy on tour! An excuse to shop Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Aug 2008 teachergeek said

teachergeek

I’ve used the waterproof sparys before and have never had an issue, just make sure you do the at least the two recommended coats, I also was do 1 extra just to be safe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Aug 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD

They work pretty well- on shoes and jackets too. I just plan on spraying every outta layer! Just test it first in a spot that won’t be noticed to check it won’t damage your shoes. And like the teacher said- lots of coats!

• 5 Sep 2008 Ang said

Default_avatar

Good shoes + waterproofing spray = fine.
    It really depends on what the weather is like for you…if it’s fine most of the time (my winter tour was), you could get away with whatever you want, so long as it is covered to keep your feet warm.
    I took a pair of walking boots (so comfy) and flat black boots as my ‘going out/nice place’ shoes. But it depends on you…my mate wore sneakers around and was fine, and had boots for going out.
    Theoretically, you could get away with one good pair, or two if you want day/night options. You don’t need any more than that – save the room in your bag for funky stuff you pick up along the way! Ultimately, take something you are comfortable in – there is much walking to be done! …and probably lots of dancing too! :-)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.