Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl - 17th September - 4th October 2012

8 Apr 2012 NikSmiles asked

Default_avatar

Hi,
I'm Nikki.
I'm from Perth in Australia and going solo.
Just looking for people who is booked to go!
:)
Nik

• 20 May 2012 NikSmiles said

Default_avatar

Hi!

I am flying to London on the 14th …yourself?

• 20 May 2012 NikSmiles said

Default_avatar

I prob won’t be there until mid Argo on the Friday so thinking I just want to go eat fish and chips by river then crash.

Sure am planning to sight see? First time there! Keen to be my sightseeing buddy???
    Then sat night proposed is jack the ripper tour with few others ..welcome to join!!!

What are you wanting to see?

• 30 May 2012 Nadi88 said

Nadi88

Hey guys
    My friend and I flying in from spain the night before the tour starts, we are from Perth too!!!!
    Looking forward to it!!
    :)

• 30 May 2012 NikSmiles said

Default_avatar

Awesome!
    See you then!

Are you going back to London after tour too?

Nadi88

yup, spending 5 nights in London after the tour, before heading home! what about you?

• 30 May 2012 NikSmiles said

Default_avatar

I am staying one more day in Paris after tour then taking train back to london until the 10th…have you booked accom after your yet?…I am so sure where to book in london yet!

Nadi88

oh awesome, yup we are staying at the tower hotel right next to tower bridge! Got a good deal coz we booked a bit in advance!
    I know it took us forever to find somewhere that was good value!

• 18 Jul 2012 Tess_norris91 said

Default_avatar

My boyfriend and I shall be with you guys! Getting excited!! :)

• 22 Jul 2012 Rebecca said

Rebecca

Hi all! I just got home from the Whirl trip and you will have so much fun!!! By far the best 21 days of my life!! :) Let me know if you have any questions!

• 25 Jul 2012 Bec14 said

Bec14

Hi rebecca
    just a quick one for you. with the moulin rouge/novelle cabret.. which one if at all did you do? did you need to book moulin rouge in advance (if you did it)? also, whats the extra activity contiki offer in amsterdam thats not listed, is it a sex show :s
    also, in swiss alps did you guys get to see snow? what activities were there to do?
    thanks in advance :)

• 25 Jul 2012 Rebecca said

Rebecca

Hey, I did the one that was included in the optionals. It was at Nouvelle Eve, which is right across from Moulin rouge, its great if the whole group goes. :) Then we all went out afterwards so it was fun. If you go to Moulin rouge you might need to book in advance and i know it is a little pricey compared to the one we went to across the street. Yea, there is a sex show In amsterdam you can go to. That was our very first night together as a group, haha what an icebreaker. lol. In Swiss, you can go up the Junagrfu mountain, this by way was my favorite day ever! It is a fair amount of money and a very exhausting day, but up at the top you can do a zipline, sledding, snowboarding, skiing, tubing, and it is so fun! We had a perfect day of nice weather so it was amazing, but our TM said if the weather is bad, it really isn’t worth it.

• 25 Jul 2012 Bec14 said

Bec14

so most of the group went to the novelle eve one then? hmm ok i might have to see what the rest of my group wanna do, thanks :)
    hahaha yeah thats a crazy as icebreaker, then again thats amsterdam for you :p
    oh fantastic! i think im looking forward to switzerland the most, ive never seen snow before so its gonna be amazing. what was the travel time on the way up and back to jungfrau?
    also.. with florence… did you guys have much free time at all? we wanna go to see leaning tower of pisa so were just gonna ditch florence group stuff but if we have a heap of free time then that will work heaps better.
    with rome did you have to prebook going to colleseum at all? or contiki took you there etc?
    and paris, did they take you to the eiffle tower/lourve at all or people just did that in their own time?
    thanks so much for helping with these questions. much appricated :)

• 25 Jul 2012 Rebecca said

Rebecca

Our whole group went to Novelle. Our whole groups did everything together, with the exception of like 6 people who never went out. Id say all the optionals are worth it… yeah after amsterdam we were all bonded and best friends by day 2, which is good. :) Most of the Aussies were in LOVE with switzerland cause it was the first time they gotta play in snow. Like I said, its a long day, it takes 2 trains and almost 2 hours to get to the top, so 4 hours travel time, but it is such a blast!! In Florence we had barely any time at all. Only a few hours in the city, then we came back at night to go to a fun karaoke bar/club. We went to a leather/jewelry factory, a quick walking tour, then only had a few hours to explore. In Italy, you stay in cabins, they are outside the city, and cost a fortune in taxis so you kinda have to stay with the group to get around. I don’t think there would be a way to get to Pisa, but Im not sure, maybe if you skip the tuscan dinner? For Rome, you don’t need to prebook the Colosseum, It wasn’t in our optionals, but our TM helped us get there by the Metro and then you just go in with whoever. A lot of the time you had a morning/afternoon to go explore whatever you wanted and usually groups of people stuck together. In Paris, (if time allows) you do a night time driving tour, and get to try escargot and champagne, then they drop off whoever wants to go to the top of the eiffel tower, but most of us waited to morning to go so we could actually see everything.
    In Prague, your TM might arrange a pub crawl, if it works, do it. It costs 20e I think, but it was one of the funnest nights on the trip.
    I hope this is helpful! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion