Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Road June 22 - July 5 2012?

9 Apr 2012 Alessia G. asked

Alessia G.

Hi, I just booked this tour and was wondering if anyone else is going? Maybe from Toronto? :)

• 12 Apr 2012 Jared said

Jared

Hi Alessia,
    I am booked on this tour too, really looking forward to it!
    I’m travelling solo from Australia, spending a couple of days in Frankfurt & Amsterdam before arriving in Berlin on the 22nd. Staying an extra night in Warsaw at the end before flying home.
    You doing any travelling before/after the tour?

• 14 Apr 2012 Alessia G. said

Alessia G.

Hi Jared,
    That sounds exciting, I’ve heard great things about Amsterdam. I’m not adventuring anywhere else in Europe this year, I’ll probably do some trips closer to home. It’s my first solo tour, so I’m a bit nervous! Have you travelled with Contiki before?

• 15 Apr 2012 Jared said

Jared

Must admit before booking I too was nervous about going solo! Figured there would be plenty others solo on the tour though, so should be sweet.
    I did a Euro Escapade tour back in 2004 with some friends, had a blast. Been meaning to see more of Europe ever since, so cant wait for this adventure!
    How bout you, Europe/Contiki first timer?

• 17 Apr 2012 Kellie said

Kellie

Hi Alessia and Jared,
    My husband and I are booked for this tour. We are also from Australia. This will be Adrian’s first contiki tour but I have done the London & Paris and the Simply Italy tours as a solo traveller in 2009. So nothing to be nervous about.

• 17 Apr 2012 Kellie said

Kellie

Also, can’t wait to meet you both and I’m sure we will have a great time travelling together.

• 18 Apr 2012 Alessia G. said

Alessia G.

Jared – I’m a Contiki first timer, not a Europe first timer. Did some of those high school tours… France, Spain, Italy and Switzerland. I’ve gone back to Italy since I have family there, so I’ve seen a good chunk of it.
    Kellie – Thanks, that’s reassuring! Perfect, I don’t know anyone from Australia, this is awesome. Can’t wait to meet all of you guys. When are you landing in Berlin?

• 18 Apr 2012 Kellie said

Kellie

We will be arriving the morning of the 23rd June, which is the first day of the tour. We are also doing some independant travel before and after the tour. From my experience, you don’t meet your tour manager until that evening and then everyone goes and has dinner together.

• 19 Apr 2012 Alessia G. said

Alessia G.

I’m arriving on the 23rd too at 8:30am, bright and early. I heard most people meet in the lobby and start forming groups, so it should be fun. Where are you guys going before the tour?

• 20 Apr 2012 Kellie said

Kellie

I’ve gone back and checked my flights and we will arrive in Berlin airport at 11:30am. Prior to the tour we are having time in Paris and London, after the tour we will be travelling to Venice, Florence & Rome. I’m so looking forward to it, I’m already counting down the weeks until we fly out.

• 20 Apr 2012 Jared said

Jared

Sounds great Kellie, looking forward to meeting you guys also. Not long now, bit over 2 months!

• 25 Apr 2012 Ren said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Glad to hear there are some solo travellers…My first solo trip as well as first contiki so also nervous but looking forward to it!
    I also arrive early on the 23rd so planning on doing some sight seeing before we meet up with everyone.

• 29 Apr 2012 Sheila said

Sheila

Hey All,
    My friend Carlie and I will be joining you all on this exciting trip. I know we can not wait for it to begin. We are getting there on the 22nd, so we can check out the city a little before it all begins. Can’t wait to meet all of you.

• 1 May 2012 Stacey said

Stacey

Hi everyone,
    Just booked my trip today – can’t wait to meet all of you!! I am also glad there are several solo travellers as that was one of the things I was nervous about too. I am also from Canada (London, Ontario) and will be arriving in Berlin at 12:00 on the day of the trip. This is my second Contiki and the first one was absolutely amazing as I am sure this one will be as well! Counting down the days…. :)

• 3 May 2012 Steph said

Steph

Hi guys!
    My boyfriend Shannon and I will be joining you all in Berlin for this tour. We are also from Australia. This is Shannons first time overseas, and my second Contiki tour. I have only done the 4day Paris New Years last year and loved it. Really great value for money and great people. We are doing a bit of travelling before we get there too with Paris and London. Can’t wait to meet you all and have so much fun!

• 3 May 2012 Michelle said

Michelle

Hi All!
    Myself and two friends Kara and Rachel will also be on this tour! We are from California (San Francisco Area). Kara and I went on the Road to Athens tour a few summers ago and LOVED it. No traveling before or after the tour for us. Looking forward to meeting you all!

• 5 May 2012 Carlie said

Carlie

Hi everyone!
    As Sheila mentioned above, we’ll be coming on the tour as well. This is my third Contiki (I did an Australia tour in 2008 and Greece/Turkey last summer), and I have had exceptional adventures on them. Michelle, looks like we’ll have some California connections to share! (I’m from Fresno) :) Can’t wait for our trip!

• 13 May 2012 Joseph said

Joseph

Hi All,
    I just book this trip. Its going to be my first solo, Contiki and eastern Europe trip. I’m glad to see that we are going to have a lively group. By the way, I’m from Montreal. Can’t wait to see everyone there.

• 18 May 2012 Kara said

Kara

Hi! As Michelle mentioned above, I have booked this tour with two friends, Michelle and Rachel. We are from the Bay Area in California. I previously went on the Road to Athens tour and I am so excited to see EASTERN europe! I hope it is another amazing experience, I cant wait to make many new friends and have adventures together!
    xoxoxo!

• 1 Jun 2012 Dino said

Default_avatar

Hey all, this is my first contiki trip. Very much looking forward to it and to meeting everyone.
    I’m coming from Sydney and will see you all real soon!
    Can’t wait
    Dino

• 12 Jun 2012 Tiff said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone. I’m coming solo from Australia and getting into Berlin early on the 23rd. Anyone want to meet up and explore?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.