Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Packing LIGHT

22 Aug 2006 Cat1984 said

Default_avatar
Hey i need help.

Im having trouble with the whole concept of packing light. 80% of people say they wished they had packed lighter or say they do pack light. If we get 20 kg limit how many kg's is packing light? is it 10kg, 15kg? and how do i decide what to leave at home?

My problem lies in that i don't want to be wearing the same few tops in all the photos. As it stands my suitcase is around the 17kg mark including sleeping bag. My suitcase empty weighs 5 kg. Im taking limited shoes too. It all comes down to how many tops i want to take (im only taking 1 jumper and a jacket that im wearing over). im only taking like 3 pairs of pants (no skirts or shorts).

Oh also my medicines weigh lots (stuff like antibiotics, gastrostop, maxolon etc) and i can't take them out of the box because you need the boxes. and i need to take full bottles of shampoo/cond as im going away for 6 weeks.

Please help me pack lighter. What items did you leave behind and why? how did you decide? or should i just be gratefull that im under 20 kg and take everything i planned on?

Cat

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.