Community_discussions_small  

Question

Oktoberfest! 6 days (Hostel) solo

11 Apr 2012 lukey asked

lukey

Hey everyone,
Really interested in this years Oktoberfest, with the 6 days Hostel or maybe camping, not to sure yet. I am 23 yr old Aussie and will be traveling solo, so was interested if anybody else will be, or can someone tell me if solo travelers do? Can't wait to experience this!
Thanks
Luke

• 15 Apr 2012 Taylor said

Taylor

im doing that one!!!on the 29th of september :) i too am travelling solo

• 15 Apr 2012 Sara said

Sara

I’m doing this as well, September 29, travelling solo. Feel free to add me on facebook Sara McCullagh :)

• 16 Apr 2012 lukey said

lukey

that’s Great!
    looking forward to this, its gonna be a ripper. Any one going to be around London a bit before hand? I will be traveling Europe before hand and will chill out and hang before we take off. Cheers, will add you on face book :)
    Luke

• 26 Apr 2012 Sara said

Sara

Hey Luke,
    I’m going to be in London September 24th till we hop the bus on September 29th. So if you wanna hang before hand I’d totally up for that. Do you know where you’re going to stay yet? Have you been to London before?
    if you wanna add me on facebook you have to send me a message and I’ll add you :)

• 26 Apr 2012 lukey said

lukey

Sounds Good to me! I will be there about 25th. I have not yet been too London, how about your self?
    not to sure where I will be staying, a nice hostel in the heart of it all.
    Luke

• 26 Apr 2012 Sara said

Sara

Hey Luke,
    This will be my second time in London. I haven’t 100% decided where I’ll be staying yet, but most likely St Christopher’s Inn “The Village” http://www.st-christophers.co.uk/ It’s within walking distance to The Tower and Tower Bridge and a few other cool sites not to mention it’s restaurant and bar

• 15 May 2012 EFade said

Default_avatar

I’m going on this trip too! My boyfriend and I are doing the hotel option, but it showed you (Luke) in the meetup group…so maybe it’s the same trip? I was in London last summer and stayed at a hostel called Astor Hyde Park, it was close to Hyde Park and the Museum. It was pretty nice, and I believe pretty “economical” – I found it on HostelWorld. I was looking at the St. Christophers, but it had mixed reviews… did you stay there before Sara? We will most likely be in London for 3 days or so before the trip! It’s such a fun city!!! I’m so excited! :-)

• 15 May 2012 Sara said

Sara

Hey EFade, I have stayed at St Christopher’s The Village and really enjoyed it, it was so close to so many things and was a great atmosphere for a solo traveler. I have stayed in the Astor Hyde Park and it is close to the Museum of Natural History and the park but not much else, mainly pubs and things, and there’s no elevator, I had to walk up a huge amount of stairs to get to my room, normally I prefer the stairs and always appreciate them, but this was excessive and for somebody lugging a backpack, it wasn’t the nicest thing. But it was a good price. A little too mellow for my taste though, as a solo traveller I didn’t meet anybody there to chat with or hang out with. I do love London though and can’t wait to be there again. Perhaps we can meet up as well :)

• 16 May 2012 lukey said

lukey

Hey EFade, Yeah strange i am in that, cause I booked the Hostel version, nevermind we should all catch up in London for a warm up drink before we depart.
    :)

• 17 May 2012 Sara said

Sara

Anybody up for a pub crawl? http://www.1bignightout.com/events.php

• 21 May 2012 Chanel said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys!
    I am doing this trip too! I am doing the hotel version. I am doing this tour solo. I have been to london before so pretty much know my way around. I’ll be there a couple of days before we depart.

• 22 May 2012 lukey said

lukey

Cool CJ, you all have to give me a tour in London, its my first time there!

• 6 Jun 2012 Suzie said

Suzie

Hey hey guys, im 5 mins away from booking Oktoberfest contiki CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!, its my second time at Oktoberfest, what can I say I loved it so much it was a must to go again, we are all going to have a blast, cant wait to meet you all xxooo

• 6 Jun 2012 Suzie said

Suzie

Hey hey guys, im 5 mins away from booking Oktoberfest contiki CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!, its my second time at Oktoberfest, what can I say I loved it so much it was a must to go again, we are all going to have a blast, cant wait to meet you all xxooo

• 6 Jun 2012 Suzie said

Suzie

• 18 Jun 2012 lukey said

lukey

Thats great Suzie! it’s gonna be a ripper, look forward to meeting you :)

• 18 Jun 2012 Herbert said

Herbert

I’m doing the camping option 21-27. I can’t wait.

• 3 Jul 2012 Sarah&Tenielle said

Sarah&Tenielle

Hey!! We are on this tour ( if its the 6 days oktoberfest hotel from 29th) SOOOO excited. heard only good things about oktoberfest. Myself and a friend are going a 45 day contiki around Europe first and get back into london on about the 23rd of sep! resting in london for a week then start the drinking all over again! haha. Looking forward to meeting you all. Count down is on :)

• 5 Jul 2012 Maik said

Maik

If you want to go surfing in Munich during Oktoberfest, you can ;-)

http://www.languageexcellence.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Surfing-in-Munich.jpg

The photo is real.

• 6 Jul 2012 DRINKY said

DRINKY

gday, me and my mate ducky are on this aswell but we are comming from spain so we will meet u all in munich should be tops

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion