Community_discussions_small  

Question

winter wanderer!!

11 Apr 2012 Chanelle asked

Chanelle

hey im chanelle, just wondering if anyone had booked the winter wanderer tour that starts in london on the 6th of january 2013 :)

• 14 Aug 2012 Caio said

Caio

Hey, Mindy!! I add you on facebook! Could you guys send me the facebook ?

• 14 Aug 2012 Caio said

Caio

Austin, i think that we are on the same trip!! But i still not found the facebook Page! Sorry, man!

• 14 Aug 2012 mindy_vink said

mindy_vink

ahh a birthday over there! Everyone is going to buy you drinks..look out! I really can’t find that group haha just add me to it..way easier, or post the link :) Are you staying at Royal?

mindy_vink

Caio..so you did! Just accepted :) Finally there is someone who is not Australian! yay!

• 14 Aug 2012 austin91 said

austin91

im staying at the royal for one of the nights. . .ill be at a backpackers for the other nights. . .the night before the tour, we should have drinks in the hotel bar. . .start hard ;)

maybe ive stuffed up this facebook group and made myself look completely stupid. . .ill have to post the URL later on today.

is anyone styaying on after the tour in london, or all vanishing off into the sunset?

mindy_vink

YESSS!!! Drinks the night before tour was suggested…I think it’s perfect, saves the awkward moment getting on the bus and trying to find someone to sit with haha
    Did you make the fb group visible to others?
    I’m in London until the 4th feb after the tour finishes, before venturing off into the sunset (towards Germany) :)

austin91

im pretty sure i made it visible to others. . .im trying to get teh URL off my phone as work has facebook blocked. . .try this one – www.facebook.com/groups/211961028932710 and see how that goes!

awesome!! i want to spend a bit more time in germany to see friends. . .ill just be broke as all hell thats all :( will you be anywhere in europe for new years????

mindy_vink

THAT WORKED!!! Have no idea why I couldn’t find it :| Yep, I’m going back to Munich to visit my little cousins..hit up a beer hall again haha I don’t even want to think about the serious lack of money I am going to have! I will probably not only be broke but owing people money too! Yeh I’ll be over for ny, I leave Aus on christmas day (its cheaper!), what are you guys doing?

austin91

im doing a contiki New years and a contiki christmas. . .do the contiki new year with me!! its in amsterdam. . .and its onlike about 400 bucks. . .ahh its a holiday, your not meant to be going there to save money!!! i get into London on the 21st of december, then leave in feb. . .after my american tour, ive gotta learn not budget with alcohol….the stuffs the devil!! its going to be pretty fun spending christmas in an airport. . .

mindy_vink

Oh my gosh blank (I don’t know you’re actual name haha) that would be amazing!! I heard hash brownies are not available to tourists? true or false? I have no idea how you can afford to go europe already, thats amazing! I’ve heard alcohol in Europe is cheap cheap though, depends how much you can hold I guess. I am SUCH a lightweight so it doesn’t concern me to much haha Yeah xmas in an airport will be rad! On my ass somewhere over the pacific, I hate flying to begin with so I’m gonna have a ball haha

austin91

haha my names luke. . .austin is my last name. . .

man i wish i was a light weight. . .id be rich right now. . .dont know about the brownies thing, pretty sure it is true. . .but im sure we will be able to find a way to get some. . .aussie accent goes a long way apparently!!!

when i flew to LA, i flew china southern…i got to spend 20 hours on a plane with jsut noodles to eat, movies that werent in english and an old lady thats head kept falling on my shoulder. . .was a magical experience….thoroughly recommended!!!

mindy_vink

HAHAHA!!! That is truely one to tell the grandkids! It’s all about experiences I guess….
    I have a friend in Europe now and he just spent 30 hours on a train in 3rd class (it was much cheaper) with a bunch of drunk Russian’s and free flowing vodka, he reckons it was the best experience!

Suss these brownies out, when in Amsterdam do as they do haha I am dutch so my name might be of some benefit, I dont know! Did you learn and manderin on the plane at least?

• 14 Aug 2012 Caio said

Caio

Heyyy… Austin, i add you on facebook to!!
    My present for you will be from Brasil man!!
    I joined the group!!
    i’m really excited to meet you, folks!! Lets make this trip last forever!

• 15 Aug 2012 austin91 said

austin91

oh oh oh will it be one of those blue macaws that are on the movie rio!!! id love one of them!!! now im all excited caio!! i love presents!! (hint hint contiki people)

• 15 Aug 2012 MandyJo said

MandyJo

Yessss I’m supposed to leave NYC on the 6th and start my tour on the 8th, but illblrobably get to London a few days early…..just to be there :):)

• 15 Aug 2012 Caio said

Caio

Yeah man!!!
    I could capture one of this macaws for you!!! I could be arrested also.. Whatever!!
    Uahuahuhauahuahuhaa,,,

• 17 Aug 2012 austin91 said

austin91

live life on the edge!!!

• 21 Aug 2012 Chanelle said

Chanelle

YAY this is so exciting, so many replies…. my mind is actually going to explode from all this excitment :D

• 31 Oct 2012 Caitlyn said

Caitlyn

yay for the 6th of jan crew! just recently changed my tour to this one! so excited! i’ll be staying at the royal from the 2nd of jan til we leave so drinks at the bar is definitely needed! cant wait to meet you all! wooo

• 2 Nov 2012 Jelly said

Jelly

Does anyone know of anyone going on the December 14th 2012 Winter Wanderer? Im an aussie travelling solo and would love to meet new people before departing

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.