Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing Grand Southern 9th August 2012?

12 Apr 2012 Rach asked

Default_avatar

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is going on the Grand Southern tour departing LA on 9th August and finishing in NY on 3rd Sept 2012?
Im a solo traveller and a little nervous about travelling alone, but hoping there are some other solo travellers out there too!!
Would love to hear from anyone else who's booked on this tour. Cant wait to go! :)

PS Im 27 female from Perth, WA.

:)

• 12 Apr 2012 travel_loving_friend said

travel_loving_friend

Hi Rach
    Sorry to crash your question but I just wanted to say dont be nervous! My friend and I did this trip in 2010 and it was AWESOME. Although we did it in December but it was still a great experience. The people on the trip were great and there are heaps of opportunities to mix and make some friends. Hope you have a great time!

• 13 Apr 2012 Rob said

Default_avatar

Hi Rach, I’m the same first trip over seas. I’m 28 male from vic. There is a group in fb if u look on my page u can probably join that way. There’s about 6 in the group now & seems really nice. I’m Rob Forster I live in Warrnambool. I’m travelling solo also. I think there is a few like that. Look for “Grand Southern buddies” others to talk from our trip are on that 1

• 13 Apr 2012 Rob said

Default_avatar

T

• 13 Apr 2012 Rach said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the advice, I cant wait! It’s going to be awesome! :)

Rob – thanks for the heads up, ill join the other chat :) talk soon!

• 18 Apr 2012 AYE-ME :) said

AYE-ME :)

hi rach,
    im also doing this tour, except departing on the 2nd.
    im a solo traveller aswell for my first time overseas. its going to be an adventure.
    i had the same reservation about solo travel, but have met heaps of people on my tour on a facebook group.
    now im just counting down the days til i leave.

hope you have an awesome time.

amy.

• 23 Apr 2012 BrookeHarvey said

Default_avatar

Hi Rach,
    My name is Brooke 29, also from Perth, WA.
    My partner Ryan and I are doing the grand southern tour commencing August 9th as well!!!
    so exciting:-) Can’t wait!

Brooke

• 23 Apr 2012 Rach said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys!
    Yay im so excited too. Im actually not that nervous, just for some reason put it on there and then realised I wasnt nervous at all, just excited! haha. Its going to be AWESOME!
    Brooke – you should join our Facebook group, a few of us from the tour have started chatting on there. Its great to meet everyone before the tour and see what everyone’s plans are :)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/201812473266901/

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.