Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britian and Ireland - May 9, 2012

12 Apr 2012 DragonflyGirlie asked

DragonflyGirlie

Hi again everyone! I'm looking to see if anyone else is going on this tour. I super excited and can't wait to meet everyone.
I was wondering if this is a full tour... If anyone has any travel advice... Any money advice... Hell, ANY advice at all. lol This is my first Contiki tour. I've alwyas just "winged it" on my own before.

• 16 Apr 2012 Josh_L said

Josh_L

I think I’m on this tour also… but on the amended version. I believe you get random ppl hopping on and off from different stops on the destination. Looks like your tour is the full one whereas my tour is the Scotland and Ireland tour that starts May 14 in Edingburgh (May 13 is just a overnight flight day and you’ll get into the city the next morning). If you’ve winged it around Europe before then you should have no problem. From back in January when a friend tried to book the same tour they said it was fully booked but just looking at the tour again on the contiki site it says its available. Less than one more month away, can’t wait. Quick question did you get your travel documents yet?

• 17 Apr 2012 DragonflyGirlie said

DragonflyGirlie

That’s why I was confused about whether it was full or not. I rally hope it isn’t, 50 people is a few too many for me. I just received my documents today. They come in a cute little booklet, lol. I know someone got theirs last week and others are still waiting. Looking forward to meeting you :)

• 19 Apr 2012 Josh_L said

Josh_L

Well I guess none of our counterparts have made way to say howdy here on the message board. Did you find anyone else on the other message board? I found two other people but they seem non existent from their initial posting saying that they were on the trip and were going with a friend. Just got my travel documents yesterday and about to look if any of the hotels are centrally located so I can plan my way back to the hotel if I do manage to get lost, LOL. Anything on your must see list, i’m kinda sad that I’ll be missing out on stonehenge and loch ness even though they are super touristy, but heck we’re all tourist :-)

• 20 Apr 2012 DragonflyGirlie said

DragonflyGirlie

I’ve found 6 or 7 people (but supposedly there can be 50 on a full tour) Only one of them responds regularly. Opael is on here once in a while, Sean is really nice and on here a lot, my friend Jon is on here a lot too. Just go to my page and all the people that I am following are going on our trip. And yes, while touristy we still find ourselves doing those particular things. LOL. Everyone that I have found had said they were traveling alone, you must have found different people than I :)
    It’s so soon! ! Exited like crazy!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.