Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EE40 - Europe 1982 - Reunion

25 May 2006 Robert said

Default_avatar
Next year [July/August 2007] it will be 25 years ago that we had the most wonderful Contiki experience around Europe. Kept in contact with Janelle and Rhonda over the years and we are thinking of planning a 25 year reunion somewhere. So, if you were on the EE40 tour .. please get in touch. The fellow travellers that I can remember off the top of my head are : Tammy, Colleen, Dennis, Peter, Simon [both], Pam, Najumi, Debbie, Stanley, Cassandra, Chuck, John & Jane, Ken.

Best regards
Robert
South Africa
  • 26 May 2005 Robert said

Default_avatar

Oops !! .. I forgot Stewart and Howie .. our tour guide and driver. Sorry guys !.

Robert
    RSA

• 29 Dec 2006 debbie said

Default_avatar

was on Grand European tour 1982, not sure if this is tour you are talking about. Do you remember Enzo. I was travelling with Erica and our bus driver was replaced as out first one got injured???? think he broke his leg or something, cant remember really. Is this same tour as yours. Remember Peter and Linda from oz and 2 south africa guys.
    DEB NZ

• 14 Jan 2007 Robert said

Default_avatar

Hi Debbie
    Thanks for the reply and stopping by. I don’t think it is the same tour – our driver Howie was with us all the way and I don’t remember the names you mention. Now I am wondering .. we had a Debbie from NZ on the tour and afterwards came to South Africa and worked at Johannesburg General Hospital .. could it be you ?> Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Best regards
    Robert

• 21 Jan 2007 debbie said

Default_avatar

no not me. Bohoo

• 22 Jan 2007 Robert said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by debbie\:
    no not me. Bohoo

Thanks Debbie
    Hope you find your travelmates from those days.
    We don’t have much hope for the 1982 EE40 group.
    “Maybe it is too long ago and the people forgot that they were on a trip”. At least your trip is still in your mind.
    Kind regards

• 8 Dec 2013 RensCampET said

Default_avatar

Hi Robert all reading this. Not sure if I am one of the 2 South Africa guys mentioned on This EE40 tour ? Myself and Andries were sheep stud farmers from south Africa. Some of the names Look familiar. Our Camping Bus Tours Bus’s theme song was Jo Cocker and Jennifer Wames song Up Where we Belong ! We also had a Contiki travel diary and at end of the tour we had a Lucky draw and I think one of the Girls from the Far East (Maybe Taiwan ? ) received it. We did cross paths with another group on several occasions. I also recall having a number of OZ guys/girls on my Tour ? Would Love to know about the whereabouts of our Contiki Diary ! Imagine quickly scanning and mailing or posting on a website. would be fun reading..
    RvR
    Jo Cocker and Jennifer Warnes song “Up Where we Belong”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9PqVY_gd_M

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion