Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of Europe (Start in Paris) 14 days review?

26 Feb 2010 Otsuke asked

Default_avatar
Hi everyone Smiler
I tried to find some reviews of this tour but they happened to be rare. Plus, I have some questions.

I am 17 and plan to go to this trip next year with a friend. What are the goods and the bads? I want to visit really great places of Europe, not TOO fast so I can visit normally, with some free time to enjoy... but I want to see A LOT Smiler Is that a good idea for someone my age?

Maybe this question will sound stupid but I just want to make sure I'm on the right track: The attractions described in the itinerary are all activities we will absolutely do (excluding extra-activities) ?

Conclusion: I don't want to rush myself, but I want to visit a lot of Europe and enjoy Smiler Something cool for someone my age Big Grin Some goods and bads about this trip?

Thanks in advance,
Otsuke.
  • 29 Mar 2010 IlovetroubleCAN said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m going on this trip at the end of June. I also struggled to find reviews on it. Search this forum as someone did post a response to my original question about this trip.

From (the little) I’ve read it seems like the type of trip where you get to spend more time in each city (which is what I’m looking for!)

I’m 29 and going!!

• 21 Jun 2010 Lana:) said

Default_avatar

Hey Mate,

i’m doing this trip in September. and yeah you are on the right track the attractions outlined (excluding extras) are included. but some of them if you want to actually go into them you’ll need to pay an entry fee. hope this helps.

• 25 Jun 2010 Explorer1185709 said

Default_avatar

i just went on this tour and it was amazing fun.

the perfect thing about this tour is you spend at least 2 nights in each location which means you actually get to see and feel the cities as you wish with enough free time.

also, the average age was about 25yrs old, and most people are there for the 2 weeks and then go back to whichever country they are from, so its pretty intense and people make the most of it.

you also spend less time travelling b/w cities in this tour as you take the high speed train from paris to amsterdam, and then plan from prague to rome (whereas in other tours you spend half your day in the bus which means you are quite drained when you reach each city).

great tour – i’d book if i was you

• 25 Jun 2010 Explorer1185709 said

Default_avatar

as for the optional extras, its about 340 euros extra to do everything, which includes:

- moulin rouge (amazing show, and you really get to meet your new contiki group over a great show and classy dinner)
    - various river cruises (incl. food/drinks)
    - various dinner excursions
    - some interesting shows in amsterdam
    - a guided tour and vip entry into vatican city

• 27 Jun 2010 Lana:) said

Default_avatar

Oh now i’m extra excited to hear that you had a great time.

so you did all the extras?

• 29 Jun 2010 apriljune said

apriljune

340 euros…………….. i think it’s not bad at all if you went in beautiful places.
    next year ill be having trip in Europe.

• 24 Aug 2010 Lana:) said

Default_avatar

yeah i think 340 euros is pretty good, may aswell make the most of it while there Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion