Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western Tour - 5th September 2012

16 Apr 2012 Scott asked

Scott

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone on the discussions are going on this Contiki tour.

Im travelling solo on this trip and live in australia.

Am very excited/nervous and would like to meet some people and hear stories from people who have been on this in the past.

• 16 May 2012 Diane said

Diane

Hi Scott, I have just booked on this Contiki tour, well the LA to the Bay part.

I’m also travelling solo but from the UK. It’s my first Contiki so I’m nervous but very excited. I’m getting into Los Angeles the night before, how about you?

Have you been in contact with anyone else from the tour? It would be great to know a few names and faces before we get there!

• 18 May 2012 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Im doing the Western Highlights part of this trip. I’ve got a few days in LA before and then Im heading to the East coast and doing another tour. Im from Adelaide and have done a few contikis before and theyre awesome!
    Aaron

• 19 May 2012 darbz said

Default_avatar

me and my friend beka will see you theree :):)

• 19 May 2012 Diane said

Diane

Great! I can’t wait to meet everyone :D
    Aaron, you sound like a bit of an expert so you will have to give us tips on the stuff to do and to avoid.

• 20 May 2012 Scott said

Scott

Diane – I’m arriving one day before the tour starts too, glad to see another solo traveller! Where are you staying?
    Aaron – Nice to see there will be a fellow aussie on the tour!
    Darbz – Where abouts are you and beka from?

• 21 May 2012 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Hi Scott, there will be plenty of Aussies on the tour, nornally 80 – 90%. I did my last two trips solo and had no worries at all, loved the experience!
    Diane, I wouldnt say im an expert but I can give you some tips if you like. Hot Air Ballooning was great, as was the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. The jeep tour in Sedona was fun too. Not many people did the imax movie. I did the zoo in SD last time so Ill give that a miss this time and may do Seaworld but im not sure yet. If you want to know anything specific about the tour or America in general im happy to try to help you out from my experience. I’ve done most of the tour before, the LA to the Bay tour, but the people im travelling with wanted to see these places so im happy to see stuff I missed out on last time, and the tour im doing stops in Vegas. I also did the LA Explorer before it was just an accommodation package. Ive also done the Grand Southern and NY explorer
    Aaron

• 21 May 2012 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Hi Scott, there will be plenty of Aussies on the tour, nornally 80 – 90%. I did my last two trips solo and had no worries at all, loved the experience!
    Diane, I wouldnt say im an expert but I can give you some tips if you like. Hot Air Ballooning was great, as was the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. The jeep tour in Sedona was fun too. Not many people did the imax movie. I did the zoo in SD last time so Ill give that a miss this time and may do Seaworld but im not sure yet. If you want to know anything specific about the tour or America in general im happy to try to help you out from my experience. I’ve done most of the tour before, the LA to the Bay tour, but the people im travelling with wanted to see these places so im happy to see stuff I missed out on last time, and the tour im doing stops in Vegas. I also did the LA Explorer before it was just an accommodation package. Ive also done the Grand Southern and NY explorer
    Aaron

• 23 May 2012 mahban8 said

Default_avatar

Hello Everyone!! I have not yet booked my trip, but I am thinking of booking LA to the Bay! I am planning to travel solo so I’m a bit nervous!! :) but it’s always good to know some people before going on the tour!
    Diane and Scott- where are you guys staying?! :)

• 23 May 2012 Diane said

Diane

Hi Everyone,
    I’m staying at the Kyoto Grand, the Contiki room allocation was full but I managed to get a room with the hotel for not much more money. I don’t get in until late the evening before.

Mahban – Book it, you know us now!

• 23 May 2012 darbz said

Default_avatar

We are from newcastle (in australia obvs) what about all u guys?

• 24 May 2012 Diane said

Diane

I’m from Manchester in the UK (looks like I might be the token Brit on the tour!)

• 25 May 2012 Scott said

Scott

I’m from Melbourne and staying at Miyako Hotel which I think is a block away from Kyoto. I land on the 4th in the morning, ready for the early start on the 5th!

• 25 May 2012 mahban8 said

Default_avatar

I’m from Ottawa in Canada!!! we can probably make a facebook page for our trip and be in touch from there!!! :)

• 25 May 2012 darbz said

Default_avatar

Yehh di that!

• 27 May 2012 Paul said

Paul

hi all
    my mate and i have just booked this trip. Never been on a contiki so pretty excited for it

• 27 May 2012 mahban8 said

Default_avatar

Hey Paul! :) I have been on one other contiki tour and I loved it, and I have also heard from many people that this tour is gonna be great! where are you guys from?! are you doing Wild Western or LA to the Bay? :)

• 28 May 2012 Scott said

Scott

Hi Paul! Getting pretty excited too!
    darbz – whats that facebook page name?

• 28 May 2012 Paul said

Paul

We are from Singleton NSW AUS. We are doing the Wild Western. It is the start of our 7 week holiday through the states. We will be in LA from the 1st of september if anyone is keen to catch up before it.

• 28 May 2012 darbz said

Default_avatar

Hayley darby! Aw paul im just up the road from u guys haha prob know people you know

• 28 May 2012 Paul said

Paul

Yeh thats probably right.
    So is anyone travelling after this tour???

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion