Community_discussions_small  

Question

Camping tours?

17 Apr 2012 nikkeelala asked

nikkeelala

Hey guys,
I'm looking at going to Europe in either 2013 or 2014, and I was looking at the camping tours...However, I'm not a seasoned camper, at all. Has anybody been on one of these? How much knowledge about camping do we need to have, i.e: do we put up our own tents? Are they comfortable? Are there still proper bathrooms with hot water?

I'd love to get there ASAP, but I'm a little uncertain about how Man vs Wild I can handle, haha...

• 9 Dec 2012 Bronte said

Bronte

I went on a camping contiki in Europe this year for three weeks and had never been camping before, the tents are super easy to put up and take down plus they show you at the start exactly how they want it done. They fit two people and your bags comfortably plus you get a blow up mattress each. There’s always bathrooms but some you have to pay if you want hot water and some we stayed in had no hot water at certain times of the day, each campsite is completely different in every way. I hope I helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

• 31 Dec 2012 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

Hi Bronte, im looking at doing the easy rider camping tour in april/may 2014, i was wondering what campsites you actually stayed at as contiki dont tell you where you stay until after you book and im unable to book my tour yet as it is too far away

• 31 Dec 2012 Bronte said

Bronte

Hey Brooke :) we stayed at camping Paris est le tremblay champigny sur mame,
    Camping savvy jungfrau lauterbrunnen (which was absolutely beautiful!!)
    Hotel park de plein air le mistral antibes in France
    Camping internazionale hotel in Florence
    Seven hills camping hotel In Rome
    Camping fusina in Venice
    Campingplatz munchen thalkirchen in Munich
    Camping Sokol in Prague
    The generator in Berlin
    And Het Amsterdam bos
    I hope that helped a bit :)

• 1 Jan 2013 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

thats fantastic thanks so much!!

• 1 Jan 2013 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

Hi again, the one in antibes do you stay in a hotel instead of camping those nights? as when i googled it it came up with a hotel?? thanks again lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.