Community_discussions_small  

Question

The explorer confusion

17 Apr 2012 nic66 asked

nic66

Hi, I am rather confused about the mandatory form I have been asked to fill in prior to my tour (the explorer: may 10th 2013). Do I already need to have booked my flights and travel insurance? Does anyone know that has been on any of the tours in Latin America that are similiar? Seems very early to be booking these things, surely? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 18 Apr 2012 Blue79 said

Default_avatar

You really should book your travel insurance now – that way if anything happens between now and you travelling you’re covered.

As for flights, the earliest you could possibly book them would be ~330 days before because the airline systems won’t let you book earlier – so you couldn’t even if you wanted to.

• 18 Apr 2012 Beks said

Beks

Hi Nic66,

We recommend booking travel insurance at the time you book and put down a deposit on your tour – that way you’re covered not just while you’re on tour but if something crops up beforehand you weren’t counting on and you can’t travel.

We need full passport details at time of booking South America tours to confirm the booking because of both the internal flights that we need to book with the airlines, and for confirming things like the Inca Trail permit.

RE flights, we know it’s sometimes too early to book them, but just let us know the flight details and e-ticket number as soon as flights have been booked so we can update the booking – this is so we know when to expect you, especially if we have to coordinate transfers or if we need to make any last minute changes to the start of the tour if anything unforeseen happens.

Hope that helps.

~Beks :)

• 18 Apr 2012 nic66 said

nic66

Thank you both for your help, it has stopped me panicking now :D

• 19 May 2012 Keyesc said

Default_avatar

Our 40% or more user use Internet Explorer 6 so we have to make our website with both integration. When you make anything you have to check in all browsers. Install all safari, opera, chrome, firefox etc.Green Coffee Bean Extract

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.