Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Age Advice

8 Jan 2007 ashlea_jn said

ashlea_jn
Hey guys! Im looking into doing a Contiki tour - from experience would you suggest to go at age 18 or wait until 19? I know its only one year, but still! I get along with mostly anyone, i just dont want to be a completely different age to everyone else on the tour!
  • 9 Jan 2007 ashlea_jn said

ashlea_jn

Thanks so much! So you think a concept tour, like 14 days more younger people will go? I went to the uk when i was 16 just with my older sister.. i had a blast and cant wait to go overseas and actually go out aswell as seeing the amazing sights. Im really looking forward to it!! Travelling truly is the best thing. I just want to meet people around my age group whilst doing it and not be an outcast. lol

• 9 Jan 2007 Lieblingx said

Default_avatar

First time I went backpacking alone is when I was 16. First time traveling alone (to and from family in various countries in Europe) was when I was 11. I guess it’s all up to you and how you feel about it. I’m 18 as well and will be going on a Contiki tour sometime within the next couple of months.

• 9 Jan 2007 TuscanTraveler said

Default_avatar

I’ll be freshly 19 when I go on my European tour, and even though I’m young, I think I’ll be having too much fun, and such an amazing experience, that I won’t notice. Plus I get along with most people too. I’m going at 19 just so I qualify as an adult, somewhat.

• 9 Jul 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    I’m planning a trip with Contiki for next summer and I will be 18 when I go. If you can get a friend to go with you if might seem a bit better. Or you can always just through yourself into the experience. I went on a trip with my school when I was the youngest on the trip(mostly by 3 years). This was one of my favorite trips and many of the older kids took me under their wings and made sure I had a good time with them.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion