Community_discussions_small  

Question

Croatian Island Cruising, 21st July 2012

19 Apr 2012 Cara asked

Cara

Hi everyone,
wondering if anyone is heading on the Croatian Island Cruising, 21st July 2012.
Am travelling solo and would love to meet some potential tour buddies!
Cara

• 29 Apr 2012 willo said

Default_avatar

Hi Cara! Yes, I’m booked to do this tour also :) My name is Lucas, I’m 22 years old from Victoria, Australia.

• 30 Apr 2012 Cara said

Cara

Hey Lucas! Im 22, from Perth Australia!
    how are you? heading on this trip too? its my first solo adventure, but my second to Europe. Cant wait, and the croation tour will be my last stop before i head home! im also doing spain, egypt and greek islands!
    Have you been on a contiki one before? :)

• 30 Apr 2012 willo said

Default_avatar

Lovely to meet you :)

I’m great thanks, just working flat out so I have plenty of cash for traveling. I spent four months between the US and Europe last year, both on a couple of tours and solo at times. This tour will be my second last destination; I’ll probably hit up the Greek Islands again before I head home. I’m also doing the Spanish Spree tour.

I went on two Contiki tours last year (European Whirl, Greek Island Adventurer). Both were amazing.

I’ve also put in an application to become a tour manager in Europe from next year. Hopefully I get the job :)

• 30 Apr 2012 Cara said

Cara

Oh great! Well sounds like you already have the requirements down-packed! Lots of travelling! Thats amazing!
    Yep me too, work work work- but it’ll be worth it. I was going to do Spanish Spree, was unavailable at the time I wanted to book so went with a Topdeck tour instead, Spanish Fiesta.
    Can’t wait to hear about the US, after this trip that’ll be my next!
    Great to meet you! :)

• 5 May 2012 Nick said

Nick

Hey guys, I just booked to do this tour as well and I’m also goin Solo :). I’m an Aussie from Queenland originally, currently live in the UK so probably wont be able to meet you until the tour starts unless you’re coming here first? I’ve previously done a Greek Island Hopping which was epic (Cara you’re going to love them!!!!) so hoping this is much the same. Can’t wait to be relaxing on the deck in the sun – makes a nice change to the crap weather here. Also done a Topdeck European Getaway and spent time backpacking round Eastern Europe.

Can’t wait to get on that boat :) Oh, have you guys sorted your accom in Split the night before? talking to a couple more ppl on the tour and might b fun to meet up beforehand and go out?
    Cheers

• 5 May 2012 Cara said

Cara

Hey Nick, how are you? So good we will all know each other when tour starts!
    Im so excited about the Greek Island Hopping tour- have actually already done those islands before and LOVED it so couldn’t resist heading back!
    Where abouts in the UK are you from? I’m not heading there this time, but went on a previous holiday.
    I’m staying at the same hotel that we leave from (i think, according to my travel agent! haha). Not sure what time i’m flying in though!
    If you meet anyone else doing this tour add them to the convo- would be great to say hi! i havent found any others yet! :)

Cara

• 6 May 2012 Nick said

Nick

I would go back and do Greek Island Hopping again any day hey, it was such good fun. Even the ‘Isle Surfing’ in the ferry’s between the islands on a rough day with a hangover was still good fun :). I grew up in Oz, but the old man’s originally a Pom. I’ve lived in Devon and Cornwall and currently living in Derbyshire. Aah cool, the other’s I’m talking to are staying in the ‘Bellevue Hotel’ which is apparently Contiki recommended so there’s a good chance you’re there too :). I’m going to book a room fairly soon. I dont’ know how to add anyone to this convo but I’ll post them a message to come join :)

I fear anticipation of this trip will cause my work levels to disintegrate in the weeks leading up hahaha but it’s going to be worth it :)

Cheers.

• 8 May 2012 JMAC said

Default_avatar

G’day guys! Another Aussie on tour. Looks like the boat’s gonna be full of us escaping winter! My name’s John, I’m 28, from Newcastle. Also hitting this trip up on my way home.

First solo trip for me too – I haven’t done Contiki before but it looks like these are made for us.

Spain plans guys: I get into Barcelona on 18/6, then head to Valencia for the F1 race, then catch a ferry to Ibiza and I’m there from 25/6-10/7, then a few days in Madrid. Does any of this fit your travels? Could meet up for a few drinks prior to Croatia…

3rd time to Europe for me, first time I’m getting to North America tho. I’m heading east around the world – apart from the info above, F1 in Montreal (go Webber!), 1 week in New York (10-18/6) and meeting some mates from Germany in between times. Anyone reading this got similar plans? Again, a few beers before the tour?

I’m also getting into Split the night before and staying at the Bellevue Hotel. I’ll definitely see you guys there when (my plane gets in from Munich anyways).

Hey, does anyone know if they take euros on this trip, or do we need Croatian Kunas? Does anyone know what things cost in Croatia? I’m trying to work out how many Kunas we’re gonna need. I’m guessing I just find an ATM at the airport.

Watch there’s 2 threads on this tour. Keep an eye on the other one too (I’ve posted there as well).

Yeah Nick I get you – I should really get back to work now :). Looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers J

• 12 Jun 2012 Halah said

Halah

Hi I’m 24 from Australia NSW but lived in Perth for a while, I’ve just booked travelling solo, been in Israel for 3 months, so keen to get on this boat too and looking forward to meeting you all! I’m hoping to do the Greek islands afterwards also. Would love to meet you all before the cruise at accommodation the night before, havent booked anywhere yet. Should be a fun trip yay!!! :)

• 24 Jun 2012 Halah said

Halah

Just booked 3 nights before the cruise at Hostel Split backpackers, so if anyone would like to meet up let me know! Looking forward to meeting everyone :) xo

• 8 Jul 2012 Halah said

Halah

Yay not long now! Is everyone keen to meet up the night before the cruise? Ive had a look in my lonely planet book, I dont know if anyone else has a better idea…but thought i’d better organise something! There is a few options on bars “Ghetto Club” a bohemian kind of bar, “Luxor” a cafe and bar, very touristy. Or “Libar” a quiet cafe and bar. Any of those sound appealing to anyone?
    I couldnt get accomodation at Hotel Bellevu, i’m staying at Silver central hostel for 3 nights before the cruise starts! Is anyone else staying there?

• 20 Jul 2012 Halah said

Halah

So I’m in chillin in split like a loner! Anyone keen to meet up tonight for some drinks? :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion