Community_discussions_small  

Question

How to get around Paris in one day?

20 Apr 2012 mel asked

Default_avatar

I would love to see the Louvre, Notre Dame, Musee d Orsay, Arc de Triomf and Eiffel Tower. I would not be able to see any in detail, but would like to know of ideas as to how to get around quickest.? Could you do it just walking from one to the other?

• 20 Apr 2012 Jakie37 said

Jakie37

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve heard you can walk along the Seine and hit most of the highlights but it would be a long day and I think it depends how much time you’d like to spend at each place. I’ve also been told to take a ‘top on hop off’ bus since it’s faster. but again, this is just what I’ve heard.

• 21 Apr 2012 trina said

trina

I’ve heard about the “hop on hop off bus”. This would probably be the easiest and most convenient way to see the usual tourist spots, but I read that traffic can be bad so you might be wasting time stuck on the bus. Some people suggest walking, but you might not see everything you want to see. The Paris Metro sells a 10-ticket pack that is cheaper than buying a ticket every time you go somewhere. That might be a good option, as well, since it saves you time and money. Most tourist spots have a Metro station close to it. Hope that helps. : )

• 21 Apr 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

Thanx ….will have to report back once I have been…. so much to see..such little time!

• 22 Apr 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

most major attractions are close by each other but the ones that are not you can either but a day ticket for the hop on hop off red double decker sightseeing bus tour around paris or but a day pass for the paris metro. If you want to see everything in a day you could but you would need to start very early and hit the attractions that are the most buiest first and leave other until later on in the day.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion