Community_discussions_small  

Comment

clothing!

28 Dec 2006 Annette x said

Default_avatar
hey im going to new zealand for three weeks at the end of march to beginning of april and im going to other countries too eg australia, fiji and thailand. i am only taking a 55litre backpack and im not sure what im gonna need for new zealand! the other countries should be hot but will i need jumpers and lots of trousers for nz? what will the weather be like around that time? any advice would be great xxxx
  • 28 Dec 2006 silver007star said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    I’m going at the beginning of March!
    My friend is Kiwi and he told me to make sure I pack warm clothing. The south island is way colder than the north island, he said expect to wear a sweatshirt and gortex jacket!
    further into March when you are going will be entering the fall/winter temps so will be cold!!
    definetly take some long pants and a warm jacket!
    good luck!
    Andrea

• 10 Jan 2007 Karini said

Karini

oh, my god … I thought it’d be hot! I am going to Oz in Feb, NZ in March and then USA April and May … I had figured T shirts and Jeans should be ok. Am I completely misguided?

Also, re baggage … can we take rucksacks or do we have to do suitcases? I haven’t sorted that yet … tempted by the rucksack / backpack as will be staying in hostels also but not sure.
    What do you guys think?

• 11 Jan 2007 Caity85 said

Default_avatar

Hey Karini,

I think it all depends where you are in Oz and NZ. I live in Queensland and it is quite hot in feb- I suggest shorts and T-shirts, however if your going to melbourne I think some jeans and a jumper would be necessary!! (and a waterproof jacket since it is known to rain down there) Have fun on your trip!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.