Community_discussions_small  

Question

Getting back from Amsterdam to London??

1 May 2012 Jordan asked

Jordan

Hey guys!
The contiki I'm going on in June finishes in Amsterdam, and I have opted for the complimentary trip back to London. Does anyone know what method of transport this is (ie. bus, train, etc)? And what time you leave Amsterdam and what time you roughly arrive in London? My boyfriend rocks up in London on the day I finish contiki, and I want to plan what time I will be arriving in London that day. Any help would be great! Thanks :)

• 1 May 2012 Jazz1920 said

Default_avatar

I’ve taken the Stena Line boat. It makes for more of an adventure and takes longer than a bus or train.
    Check it out if you are feeling adventurous! http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/

• 1 May 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

pretty sure it’s a ferry

• 1 May 2012 Jazz1920 said

Default_avatar

It is…..but it is also a cruise boat. Click the link I sent, top right click the drop-down menu and choose Rail & Sail!

• 1 May 2012 Letia Mansell said

Letia Mansell

We got back by bus and ferry. We arrived in London about 4-5pm :)

• 2 May 2012 Jordan said

Jordan

Oh really? That late? Ok thats good to know thank you! :) What time did you leave Amsterdam roughly? Can you remember? My boyfriend gets in to London at 5 in the morning, if I don’t get there til 5pm he is going to be wandering around by himself :(

• 2 May 2012 Kelsey said

Kelsey

On my tour we left right after breakfast and got to london in the late afternoon.

• 2 May 2012 caroxdsouza said

Default_avatar

And we left in night before dinner.

• 3 May 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

From Amsterdam you travel back to london via Calais in the north of france where your Contiki Coach will go through UK Boarder and passport control before you jump on the PnO Ferry back to the port of Dover on the English coast and travel back to london by road.

You will leave Amsterdam around 10am after you do a drop off at Amsterdam Scholip Airport to drop off anyone leaving your tour in Amsterdam then you proceed back to the Calais port and ferry back to the UK and then you usually arrive back into london city in the early eveing between 5:30 and 6:30pm.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.