Community_discussions_small  

Comment

GS April 2 > NYE April 28 > GN May 1

29 Oct 2008 eitlobsaboo said

Default_avatar
Hey peeps.
I am definitely doing the Grand Southern (April 2) followed by the Grand Northern (May 1), and am just wondering who else is going.

Also I'm tossing up whether to go on my own or do the New York Explorer in between.
The price is slightly cheaper if you just pay for the extra couple days accommodation, but the Explorer throws in the cruise out to Liberty and from what i can understand also a guide to some spots around the city..

Thoughts?
  • 5 Nov 2008 Joe Somebody said

Joe Somebody

Yo,

i’m doing NYE 28th April followed by Grand Northern 1 May 09.

I’ve got a facebook group if ur inerested to join??? there are 7 inc me that are doing the above so far that have joined

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31165563349&ref=mf

Cheers

• 5 Nov 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

If it helps any, NY is really easy to get around by yourself and, if you go it alone, you can opt to do what you want, when you want.

I reckon there’d probably be a couple of others doing what you’re doing as well so, if you get together you can share cabs and travel together to reduce costs and it’d almost be like being on a tour anyway!

Also, I think you can get on the normal pedestrian communter ferry type-thing for about $2 and that gives you awesome shots of Liberty Island so, if you’re not heading their to climb her, that’s all you’d really need to do.

• 6 Nov 2008 Joe Somebody said

Joe Somebody

hey,

but the tour includes entry to all the major site and you don’t have to line up to get into the places.

Empire State bulding enrty is about $30USD ($45 AUS). Statue of Liberty is about $100 Including ferry and there are a limited amount of people/day to visit (so you may not get a chance to go) Also getting a place to stay in NYC is about $250 – 300AUS/night that $1000-1200 for 4 nights.

The tour is a guarantee that you get into all places and not have to line up in queues

I’ll let you work out whats chaper!!!!

Also you can organise to stay a nigh before and after the tour for $180/night)

• 8 Nov 2008 eitlobsaboo said

Default_avatar

Yeah I figured that it be cheaper to do the NYE than go solo, so thats what i ended up deciding.

Oh and i already joined the facebook group.. i noticed your thread AFTER i posted mine..

• 8 Nov 2008 Explorer1091489 said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    Me and my friend are going on the grand southern tour starting on April 2nd. Is this the one you will be on?

We are also staying on in New York after the tour and getting around ourselves rather than doing NY explorer.

• 8 Nov 2008 eitlobsaboo said

Default_avatar

Oh wow i really fudged up the dates in the title.. I should change that.
    Yeah i’ll be on that..

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.